PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
I am no fan of Meers, especially the intricacy of the carving. I have no need for pipes like that. My one and only good meer is a smooth Apple with silver. It is an IMP and it is a quality product of you like that kind of thing.
Here is a pic of mine. I am not impressed with this Meer.
That a beautiful pipe and one that can be enjoyed.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
This one's $50,000 cheaper than the record holder Duane posted above....and perhaps not a clencher.

s-l1600.jpg

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
This one's $50,000 cheaper than the record holder Duane posted above....and perhaps not a clencher.

s-l1600.jpg
The fittings scare me more about attempting to clench it than
If you can clench it for 40 days and nights it’s free!
I've picked up a 12 pound bowling ball in its bags with my teeth years ago so clenching that one would be possible but the fittings would snap if you picked it up by its stem.

tobefrank

Lifer
Jun 22, 2015
Australia
It does make you wonder who would be the market for these pipes. Maybe Jeff Bezos buys one of these once and a while to use as a disposable pub pipe.

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Here's an article that addresses the subjectivity of value in the context of discussing "The Most Expensive Pipe". Has several good photos including some iconic meerschaum pipes.

Fascinating and informative article with pictures and prices.

While I can think of better things to spend disposable income on, there seems to be a selective market for such display pieces. It reminds me of high end wine collectors, which is a world in itself (subject to fraud, backstabbing, and factions ... a lesser version of the infamous fake Dunhill pipe on this forum).

Thank you for sharing. It is/was appreciated.