PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
Maybe yours, too!

838FB533-0301-4138-88B0-332345364AE6.jpeg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
If someone tries this, I'd be interested to hear them report. I think it might take some fine tuning to find how much in which dish this would work, and if it would improve or diminish an after supper pipe or cigar.

I'm not partial to chocolate aromatics or cherry aromatics, but I'd be willing to hear how this went for someone else.

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
Post-script: my friendly local booze store finally got some of these Turkish Tobacco Bitters in stock, and I took home a bottle today. As noted in the article, no actual tobacco is used in the product (maybe too high of a regulatory hurdle), and I should have tempered my expectations accordingly. The actual taste is that of an old-timey spice mix: clove, allspice, cinnamon. Not really reminiscent of tobacco at all. I think if they had used more vegetal spices/herbs, perhaps thrown in a hint of liquid smoke, they could have gotten a lot closer. But who knows, maybe every previous attempt turned out disgusting, and they punted.

So, I'm a little disappointed, but it is tasty enough, and I should be able to find plenty of uses in my cocktails.