PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
You would think they forgot what happened when prohibition was enacted.
Prohibition never ended...they just switched to other substances. What the FDA needs to do now is produce a propaganda film, "NIC MADNESS!!!" ... portraying a young hoodlum with a scary looking pipe taking a long draw of Irish Flake and becoming violently insane.

organizedmadman

Can't Leave
Nov 8, 2011
Louisville, Ky
Prohibition never ended...they just switched to other substances. What the FDA needs to do now is produce a propaganda film, "NIC MADNESS!!!" ... portraying a young hoodlum with a scary looking pipe taking a long draw of Irish Flake and becoming violently insane.

Wait!!! Irish Flake DOESN'T make you violently insane?!? ....well then, I've been doing it wrong the whole time :lol:

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Wait!!! Irish Flake DOESN'T make you violently insane?!? ....well then, I've been doing it wrong the whole time
LOL ... You think it's bad now, just wait until some black market street version shows up out there.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Latest from the IPCR:

http://www.ipcprlegislative.org/pipe-tobacco-are-you-a-retailer-or-a-manufacturer/

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
What a simply amazing dichotomy we are suddenly faced with here. With one hand the government is slowly, but ever so assuredly legalizing marijuana for recreational use, and with their other hand wasting the tax payers dollar by having the FDA implementing arbitrary nonsensical rules such as regulating and giving their stamp of approval on a f’ing pipe stand or a pipe tobacco pouch. I realize that the new and updated version of the Munster family is the Kardashian’s, but I had absolutely no idea that they now run our country. Damn... I have to get out more and pay more attention politics.
nQLaYX7.gif

amphora

Lurker
May 27, 2016
We shifted from a country of Freedom Of... into a country of Freedom From...

Freedom of speech into freedom from speech. Freedom to smoke into freedom from smoke. Freedom of ideas into freedom from ideas...
A very sad, but true statement. All western 'progressive' societies are following this same path. Freedom of choice and freedom of speech are quickly dying in all western countries. Watching this all happen from afar, I shudder. But the good news is that we will all be able to continue to smoke pipe tobacco. Local tobacco growers and processors will pop up everywhere. Whether the tyrannical government 'do-gooders' like it or not, an off-the-books pipe tobacco cottage industry will boom. And as time goes by, the quality of this pipe tobacco will improve. In the future we may not have hundreds of pipe tobacco choices like we do now , but having access to three or four good blends will be good enough for me (latakia smokers will have to learn to like other blends).
The FDA can go to hell.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
The FDA can go to hell.
Sorry, but the FDA and all of the other politicians are the overseer's of hell and are quite comfortable with it already. They're only job and purpose is to subjugate us all into their realm with the hope that we'll all blindly keep smiling and accept their shit. After all... it's all for our own good and a better and blissful life.

briarcudgel

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 6, 2016
Divide us from one another by class, religion, race or hobbies and they control the populace. The key is to band together, one and all. This is the last gasp of a free society if good men do nothing. They either will have caused the unleashing of a free and unyielding people, or we will sit and sift the cinders. Hoarding is not the answer. Free and unobstructed pursuit and attainment of ones own happiness is.
Remember, not one of us voted in the douchebags who run the FDA. Think about it.

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
I am certainly getting that Old Apocalyptic Feeling these days. On days I awake an optimist, I say humanity's survived other apocalypses. On days I awake a pessimist, we're doomed. Sackcloth and ashes. Kaput. Finished. Where's the dmn lighter???

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
I have to laugh, you do know Congress can not place it's authority in another branch of governments hands. In this case a fourth branch of government that isn't even bound by US Constitutional Law. The FDA can rule all day but doesn't have a pot to piss in. Unless of course you and all the rest of America become drones and are Progressive Statist UnAmerican Douche bags who will vote for Hillary, Bernie, or Trump. Damn we are screwed aren't we. Does Trump smoke cigars? We might be in luck if Trump smokes Cigars.
There is no such thing as the Commerce Clause.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
The" So called" Commerce Clause (when you see these clauses with names attached, you know you've gotten a Statist Progressive Gorevenment Education) was to keep states from Inacting tariffs on each other thus disrupting trade between states, not sweeping federal regulations. The FDA has NO legislative power. It's a Presidential bid for power, but Benito Obama can't legislate from the Executive branch. Which is really what is happening with the FDA, it's a tool for the President to use to make law. It's unConstitutional and always has been. Americans are guilty Of being drones.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Your country was built on genocide
If you are speaking of Natives, you need to really slap the shit out of your teachers in elementary school, some college professors too.
Time to invest in a new education.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
This clearly illustrates the tortured logic behind SCOTUS "commerce clause" interpretations. Well worth the 3.5 mins.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKZh_5dH6rU

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Yeah, when you try to pull the ol' genocide trick, you shouldn't half-ass it and stop in the middle. It leaves a bunch of people behind to bitch at you about genocide.

Status
Not open for further replies.