PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Every Canadian cigarette will soon carry a health warning​

View attachment 225299

I should imagine the powers that be will be scratching their heads to come up with something equally extreme for pipes & pipe tobacco.

BTW, I had to look up 'tipping paper', never come across that one before.

Regards,

Jay.
This is the first I've heard of this.

Is this a proposal ?

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Canada: "Smoking kills... Poison every puff!"

Also Canada: "Instead of treatment for your illness, have you considered assisted suicide?"
Yes, the government's evil plan to save money on health care and social assistance by offering death instead of help, which is projected to kill more than 40× as many Canadians as second hand smoke this year. puffy
Eugenics is socially acceptable now...they just don't use the term anymore.

It fits perfectly with everything else that's going on these days...we're living through the assisted suicide of western civilization.

Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
Yes, the government's evil plan to save money on health care and social assistance by offering death instead of help, which is projected to kill more than 40× as many Canadians as second hand smoke this year. puffy
Well... it is the only service on the planet that's success rate is measured by how many people die... I would think it's really the ones who survive it that we should be really worried about.

• Haha
Reactions: Honkytonk Man

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
When the matter they screech about and demand to control is trivial, they're called "Karens".

When the matter is more significant, they're called "Politicians".

When the matter involves the deaths of tens of millions, a la Stalin, Hitler, Mao, Pol Pot, Genghis Khan, etc., they're called "Monsters".

Regardless of the level they achieve, all they want, all they care about---the only thing they are hardwired TO care about---is gaining, maintaining, and exercising power over others.

Screen Shot 2023-06-01 at 4.07.32 PM.png

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
When the matter they screech about and demand to control is trivial, they're called "Karens".

When the matter is more significant, they're called "Politicians".

When the matter involves the deaths of tens of millions, a la Stalin, Hitler, Mao, Pol Pot, Genghis Khan, etc., they're called "Monsters".

Regardless of the level they achieve, all they want, all they care about---the only thing they are hardwired TO care about---is gaining, maintaining, and exercising power over others.

View attachment 225377
All so painfully true.

But surely none of that would apply to little Justin Castro there, would it?