PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Snook

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 2, 2019
Idaho
Mornings like this are why I love smoking a pipe. Solitude, mountains, and a furry companion at my side.

For those interested, this is the Owyhee mountain range, south of Nampa, Idaho. Beautiful and mysterious, and forever one of my favorite places.

IMG_1999.jpeg

IMG_2001.jpeg

IMG_2003.jpeg

IMG_2006.jpeg

IMG_2016.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
Beautiful pictures! When I look for that experience, I get in my UTV and ride to the very back corner of my property. Dog is in the seat with me. This location is the most isolated and has a decent view. I try to leave my phone at the house.

I love it. Kudos!

Occasionally, I’ll take the old truck and nothing else. No dogs, no kids, no wife, no camera, etc. Sometimes it’s just me and the wildlife, and more recently, a pipe (again). I’ve missed it. Had three bowls in the front seat of my pickup this morning watching a Common Merganser dive and the sun come up over the mountains.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
I absolutely empathize with those “special moments” when the pipe, the place, and the companions all come together.

But you couldn’t pay me to spend much time in that locale! I much prefer civilization. :)

Reactions: ThermionicScott

jndyer

Lifer
Jul 1, 2012
Central Oregon
That is gorgeous. I love living on the high desert.

Some of the best smokes I have are when I go up in the mountains and find a beautiful meadow or lake to sit by, think, be alone and just enjoy my pipe.

Reactions: fMf Piper