Things Not Looking Good for HM The Queen.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Headlining on most UK TV channels, her family are quickly making it to Balmoral Castle.

Summary​

1. The Queen is under medical supervision at Balmoral Castle in Scotland, a statement from Buckingham Palace says
  2. Her doctors are concerned for her health, following further evaluation this morning, it says
  3. But the palace adds the 96-year-old monarch "remains comfortable"
  4. Prince Charles, Camilla and Princess Anne are at Balmoral and Prince William is travelling there
  5. Prince Harry and Meghan are also making their way to Scotland, as are Prince Andrew and Prince Edward
  6. Prime Minister Liz Truss says "the whole country will be deeply concerned by the news"
  7. The Archbishop of Canterbury said he was sending his prayers and the first ministers of Scotland and Wales joined well-wishers in sending their thoughts.

Regards,

Jay.

• Sad
Reactions: kcghost and scloyd

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Say what you will about the Royal Family when it comes to politics, money, racism, etc. (not here of course) but it’s difficult not to admire the longevity of her “reign” and what she has done with it, particularly in navigating the complexity of a continuously evolving role of a what it means to be a Monarch over decades of immense change.

Here’s to hoping she stays with us a while longer. Definitely one of those figures who’s passing would create a marked line of before and after for nearly everyone alive today.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
She has provided us with vision of what being a royal means. I've admired her since I found out she served in the army during WWII. As an 18 year old in 1945 she signed up as a maintainance person in a transportation unit. She is a person who understands her role and tries to fill it. Unfortunately her children didn't conduct themselves as nearly as well. I expect when she passes it will mark the end of royal rule in Britain. The Aussies, Kiwis, and the Canadians are ready to cut and run.

lraisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 4, 2011
Granite Falls, Washington state
I honor the lady for all she has done. From doing her part during WWII to conducting herself with grace and dignity through all the long years of her reign. It also seems she has a wicked sense of humor which I appreciate.

What I find funny though, is the way she is often referred to here in the US as simply "the Queen". It's almost as though she is the only queen in the world or as if 1776 never happened!

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
She has provided us with vision of what being a royal means. I've admired her since I found out she served in the army during WWII. As an 18 year old in 1945 she signed up as a maintainance person in a transportation unit. She is a person who understands her role and tries to fill it. Unfortunately her children didn't conduct themselves as nearly as well. I expect when she passes it will mark the end of royal rule in Britain. The Aussies, Kiwis, and the Canadians are ready to cut and run.
After such a long reign, would now be the perfect time to end the monarchy?.
I cant see her children/grandchildren doing such a job

Reactions: kcghost

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
And replace the institution with what? A President? That seems to have worked out well! I think some things are best left alone. Turn Britain into a republic and you will have an army of Putin's or worse trying to become Maximum Leader for Life. Take out the monarchy and throw in a charismatic politician and you are one step away from the next Mosley bringing their demented dreams to life. Charles may talk to plants but on the whole its better the devil you know!

Status
Not open for further replies.