PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincy

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2013
I know we aren't allowed to publicly question or criticize them, but what about publicly thanking them? I really feel that they do a great job and a great service to this forum. They contribute in meaningful ways too. Sometimes Forum or group moderators can feel like "big brother" just waiting for someone to say something stupid or break the rules. However, I've found the mods here to be fair when it comes to tough decisions and on what threads should be closed and they are active in the community itself. They do a great job and give of their time so we have a great experience. So, a big thanks to the Moderators from this member!

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Quincy, you are so right. The mods here tend to stay behind the curtain, only pulling the trap door when threads stray beyond the rule of law. No egos (or Eggos), and they always explain themselves.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
"In Before The Lock"

It's an afrcom phrase (ar15.com) where everyone piles into a doomed thread before the mods shitcan it.

quincy

Feb 7, 2013
Really?? You think the mods will shitcan a thank you? Haha that'd be kind of ironic!

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
@Quincy: It was an attempt at humor (I know...I should leave comedy to the professionals).

jmatt

Aug 25, 2014
I'm guessing that as far as forums go, a pipe smoking forum should be on the easy side of the scale for moderation. If you're a pipe smoker, you're a person who can sit back and relax with nothing to do but contemplate life for an hour or more at a time.
Now car forums......whew!!!!!!
But yes - as a newcomer, this forum seems well-run.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
"I'm guessing that as far as forums go, a pipe smoking forum should be on the easy side of the scale for moderation."
Relatively speaking, perhaps. But there are always folks who try to push the envelope. (duck and hide)

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
petes03, Lawrence has been away fro nearly a year. I've heard nothing other than he needed time for family issues. I hope all is well with him and his family. Lawrence was a mighty contributor here and, I believe, the first moderator dubbed by Kevin.

crazypipe

Lifer
Sep 23, 2012
2e0r1ht.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.