PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigknickers

Lurker
May 26, 2020
England
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9)

Call me a gormless, thumbsucking, infantile, uncultured ape of a 6' 6" 250lb excuse of a man, but, I've just smoked some Gawith exclusive danish....................no good at all!!
I'm looking to be enveloped in a sugary cloud of sweet, fruity christmas puddingly candyflossness, (something that'll grab me by the scruff of the neck n deliver a knockout blow right up me hooter)what I don't want is to have to strain myself n give my nose a hernia trying to detect a subtle hint of something marginally pleasant.
So 2 bowls n that packet won't ever be opened again!
In a heroic act of desperation, I have ordered a tin of Petersons Kilarney sweet..........have you wise old owls got any better suggestions (bear in mind that I'm marooned in England so can't get any of Uncle Sam's gear). PS before anyone suggests it, I don't want to spray airfreshener straight up me nostrils!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 1, 2014
It sounds like you're putting a ban on Lakelands, but I'm going to insist you try Ennerdale, especially fresh out of the tin.
If the first puff is just revolting, put the pipe down and wait a day before trying again.

(I know that makes it sound like an old bulk sample would be a better start, but it's my experience that totally dried out Ennerdale doesn't have the same sweetness as some that is moderately fresh, even if you have to air out the fresh stuff a bit.)

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
If you’re new, it’ll take time, maybe months or more, for your palate to develop the ability to get many of the flavours.

Until then you may want to explore English blends, many which are strongly flavoured and easy to appreciate right away. But in general, they are not sweet.

Dont give up on those tobaccos. Try them again in six months and you’ll be shocked.

Reactions: trouttimes

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
If you're looking for christmas pudding and candy floss, you want danish aromatics. I haven't explored the genre much, but I know that Mac Baren's The Cube Silver is a good start (and for all I know, the rainbow at the end of the journey). It's a bit of a cake shop and you might like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.