PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Thom seemed to get our humor, but someone (over-reacting sensitive type) obviously took us to be bullying him around.
The rough-n-tumble nature of a good forum means that sensitivity does not intervene and make every topic taboo. Thank the gods for that!
We're all armed to the teeth, and as president, it's my responcibility to make sure that we have enough bags of lime and shovels to close the meeting.
http://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/S-10757BLU/Drums/Plastic-Drum-55-Gallon-Closed-Top-Blue?pricode=WY582&gadtype=pla&id=S-10757BLU&gclid=COi9rO3Q_csCFQcLaQod0CUJrQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zJGj_G0nvs
I am also one of the furthest from calm and mild mannered people you'll meet
Good, we need more radicals (who like Royal Yacht).
Pipe smokers can be quite contrarian.
Either that, or the Herd is contrarian and we're the dissident realists...

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
kcghost said:

I have no idea what is going on.
Must be a Kansas City thing, because neither do I.
The one and only YouTube "smoking video" I ever watched---though only for a couple minutes---was two or three sloppy-drunk guys and a girl babbling F-this and F-that semi-coherently at a camera while belching and giggling. The nominal pipes they were holding is what made it a "smoking video, I guess. I remember instinctively reaching for the flush handle before remembering computers didn't have them, so powered off instead.
That was it. And it was months ago. Is that what all the fuss is about?
I'm also confused about Brian or Kevin being involved somehow. I can't imagine either of them having anything to do with such embarrassing idiocy as a categorical thing.

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
I listened to and enjoyed the show as usual.
My knowledge of the YTPC was very limited but I spent some time visiting with these guys in the lounge at the St Louis Pipe Show and found them to be a pleasant group. I kinda knew one of them
a liberal atheist
but they seemed like a great bunch of guys to me. As some one who driven up to 16 hours each way just to socialize with pipe friends and fellow collectors I was impressed that one of them made his way to the show from VA just to hangout. I know well that it's hard to get a guy to cross the street to attend pipe show but it seems like the YTPC can really turn people out.
IMO Theediabeticman got a raw deal in his I Am A YouTube Pipe Presenter thread. He got jumped by a couple of goons and the rest just piled on. He really showed some class in the face of some very nasty, cliquey takes. 8O

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Bill, I am sorry to learn that. Immediately I thought of Beeters, him going deaf and being a bit into music also.
If you told what instrument(s) you played and with what outfit(s), I missed it, and am curious. I've been a long time SFS subscriber.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I had fun interviewing Metalhead Y Cigar Guy. These fellows are recording these on their phones with only a few takes and little editing. That's tough to make work, but I'd tell them the same thing I'd tell any DIY crustcore band: keep a focus on the person listening and something they can enjoy, even if it's abrasive. The best moments of their videos are very much like that.

theediabeticman

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 5, 2014
For the first time

I will suggest a video from my own station.

For the umpteenth time thanks to everyone for this dialogue
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EF1k-ONSVyo

Status
Not open for further replies.