PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pipenwheels

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2020
Ohio
Spoke with my Secret Santa. He spoke with wife and the eagle has landed. I repeat the eagle has landed. He is away on trip until next week. I am more excited for him to open than I was to receive mine. We were a match so figuring out who sent was pretty easy. That and we live about 20 mins apart. Great match Dan and thank you for great event! I was so glad to get rid of 14 lb bag of Captain Black Grape!

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Shipping concerns led me to arrange delivery direct from the supplier in the recipient's "neighborhood" so to speak, after consultation with supplier after he had a chance to review the preferences, so instead of all the way here and all the way back there, it will be on its way tomorrow! Should easily arrive well ahead of Christmas, only regret I couldn't include a personal note.

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
All I know is the recipient is going to be quite upset if it's not there by say like the 24th - there was plenty of time - I know you got your 'codger' project going on and it's the thought that counts but sometimes it would've been optimal just to scale it down a notch and get something there on-time rather than going above and beyond and being 'fashionably late' - just my take B.

Well, the postman came and left and didn’t have the last pieces of my puzzle. The tracking updated to something like “in transit to the final destination. Delivery later than expected.”

So, in spite of all the hype, I’m gonna take your advice and just get two tins in the mail so my victim has something to open. I could send it partial, but it’s just not the same.

I’ll spill the beans since it doesn’t matter anymore - I was trying to put together a Christmas themed box. I had the Cringle Flake flake from this year and last year, a Peterson’s Christmas pipe, and years 2013 - 2016 of Christmas Cheer. I’m still waiting on the pipe and two of the Christmas Cheers (‘13 & ‘15). Both packages were supposed to be delivered today.

I thought it was a good idea, but you’re right. It turned into too much of a hassle and it probably wouldn’t have made it in time. This way I can make sure the target gets a couple tins (hopefully) and I’ll be guns loaded this time next year!!

Status
Not open for further replies.