PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sloopjohnbee

Lifer
May 12, 2019
Atlantic Coast USA
Update - USPS mail has been performing very poorly and unreliably - I'm considering using Fedex and UPS from now on - this is insane -sent a car payment by check 3 days ago by Priority 2 Day - running 4 days late already -
Just making it known, should just be aware of this and if you still haven't assisted Santa consider this information because you may get demoted for not ensuring ontime HOliday delivery ⚠

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
Update - USPS mail has been performing very poorly and unreliably - I'm considering using Fedex and UPS from now on - this is insane -sent a car payment by check 3 days ago by Priority 2 Day - running 4 days late already -
Just making it known, should just be aware of this and if you still haven't assisted Santa consider this information because you may get demoted for not ensuring ontime HOliday delivery ⚠

Unfortunately, where I live, that means adding about $75 to the shipping cost...

I would imagine there’s a bit of leniency and understanding among the group if you mail a package with USPS, using a “guaranteed delivery” method, and the messenger ends up screwing the pooch.

If I’m off the Mark, someone let me know and I’ll overnight the thing!

Sloopjohnbee

Lifer
May 12, 2019
Atlantic Coast USA
Unfortunately, where I live, that means adding about $75 to the shipping cost...

I would imagine there’s a bit of leniency and understanding among the group if you mail a package with USPS, using a “guaranteed delivery” method, and the messenger ends up screwing the pooch.

If I’m off the Mark, someone let me know and I’ll overnight the thing!
All I know is the recipient is going to be quite upset if it's not there by say like the 24th - there was plenty of time - I know you got your 'codger' project going on and it's the thought that counts but sometimes it would've been optimal just to scale it down a notch and get something there on-time rather than going above and beyond and being 'fashionably late' - just my take B.

Reactions: bnichols23

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
What? I thought all of these changes over the past year were supposed to improve delivery service, like getting rid of those pesky sorting machines and optical readers as well as cutting back on a clearly unneeded workforce.

Neither UPS, nor Fedex will knowingly deliver tobacco, except for pre-existing commercial contracts. What they don't know, well that's different.

So far, the insane USPS problems haven't affected me. Everything I've sent has gone thru on time and in some cases, faster than expected. The law of averages is going to be a bitch.

Sloopjohnbee

Lifer
May 12, 2019
Atlantic Coast USA
What? I thought all of these changes over the past year were supposed to improve delivery service, like getting rid of those pesky sorting machines and optical readers as well as cutting back on a clearly unneeded workforce.

Neither UPS, nor Fedex will knowingly deliver tobacco, except for pre-existing commercial contracts. What they don't know, well that's different.

So far, the insane USPS problems haven't affected me. Everything I've sent has gone thru on time and in some cases, faster than expected. The law of averages is going to be a bitch.
Didn't know that about UPS and Fedex - danke

Reactions: Infantry23

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
All I know is the recipient is going to be quite upset if it's not there by say like the 24th - there was plenty of time - I know you got your 'codger' project going on and it's the thought that counts but sometimes it would've been optimal just to scale it down a notch and get something there on-time rather than going above and beyond and being 'fashionably late' - just my take B.

I get that, but the project has nothing to do with the delay. It’s the order from SP. My shipment is going out tomorrow. If sending it USPS flat rate priority with a 3 day delivery guarantee on 12/11 is out of line, I misunderstood the intent.

Sloopjohnbee

Lifer
May 12, 2019
Atlantic Coast USA
I get that, but the project has nothing to do with the delay. It’s the order from SP. My shipment is going out tomorrow. If sending it USPS flat rate priority with a 3 day delivery guarantee on 12/11 is out of line, I misunderstood the intent.
Retail Sites all over the web are advising placing all orders by 14th(meaning anything for xmas must be latest by the 14th) so expect 10 days from the time the elf submits to USPS to the time received. I'd get anything out by THIS Saturday latest.

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
Retail Sites all over the web are advising placing all orders by 14th(meaning anything for xmas must be latest by the 14th) so expect 10 days from the time the elf submits to USPS to the time received. I'd get anything out by THIS Saturday latest.

I’ve only been successfully interpreting calendars for like 2-3 years, but I think 12/11 qualifies.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Nobody is getting demoted.

I was late getting this thing going, so if you are the kind of person who likes blaming other people for things, I'm your man.

Let's keep this thread in The Holiday Spirit and, as always, just do our best and be grateful for what and who we have in our lives.

Sloopjohnbee

Lifer
May 12, 2019
Atlantic Coast USA
Nobody is getting demoted.

I was late getting this thing going, so if you are the kind of person who likes blaming other people for things, I'm your man.

Let's keep this thread in The Holiday Spirit and, as always, just do our best and be grateful for what and who we have in our lives.
Not to be the coal bearer - but you said it - failure to come through would lead to being barring from possible future participation

• Haha

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA

I'm running the show here.
If there are issues, I will deal with them.
Calm down, have a pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.