PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rigidman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 10, 2020
Richmond VA. Vicinity.
Hopefully I'm in. Not sure if I had enough posts to meet the criteria.

So do we just ship the items directly from the shop? Or do we ship them to ourselves to wrap and then maybe put in something obnoxious? Or is it dealers choice?

Thanks

Rigidman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 10, 2020
Richmond VA. Vicinity.

So do we just ship the items directly from the shop? Or do we ship them to ourselves to wrap and then maybe put in something obnoxious? Or is it dealers choice?

Thanks

Maybe I'll forego the obnoxious item this time!

Rigidman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 10, 2020
Richmond VA. Vicinity.
I put down USA only but I guess I could do Canada. As long as there's no restrictions. Thinking of just shipping direct. It I can. Not sure, haven't decided. Waiting on some info.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018

Thanks
Some Secret Santas have the tins shipped directly from the vendor, others (myself included) wrap them and send them ourselves.

Some open their gifts as soon as they arrive, others (myself included) wait until Christmas Eve or Christmas Day.

What's really important and what makes this fun is posting a pic your Secret Santa gift after you open it.

Reactions: wyfbane

brut666

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2020
Kent, "The Garden Of England"
I put down USA only but I guess I could do Canada. As long as there's no restrictions. Thinking of just shipping direct. It I can. Not sure, haven't decided. Waiting on some info.
Restrictions on a gift? Not sure about that ?. Would they put restrictions on a gift?
I've gone international coz, why not it's Christmas ?

Rigidman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 10, 2020
Richmond VA. Vicinity.
As for what tobacco I like, not sure. Since I haven't been smoking them all in a couple different pipes, I haven't found anything I didn't like yet.

I have no idea what to tell you to find out what I'd like. But I can say I like stuff that's smooth, room note doesn't matter. I only smoke when I walk the dog. Not in the house. Since I quit smoking cigarettes I've noticed that smell of an old ashtray wafting through the air. And it keeps my hands warm on cold days.

I don't even know if there is a set of criteria to find out what type of tobacco I'd like. I went through this years ago trying to find my perfect scotch and bourbon. Beer was easy. MGD or Lowenbrau.

Thanks

Rigidman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 10, 2020
Richmond VA. Vicinity.
Also what I was thinking is about trying to be safe. With this covid crap, I certainly don't want it and I wouldn't want to pass it around. I don't have it or any symptoms, but I understand some people can be a carrier and not get sick. You've heard of typhoid Mary right?

brut666

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2020
Kent, "The Garden Of England"
Also what I was thinking is about trying to be safe. With this covid crap, I certainly don't want it and I wouldn't want to pass it around. I don't have it or any symptoms, but I understand some people can be a carrier and not get sick. You've heard of typhoid Mary right?
72 hours then it's died on any surface.
Doesn't matter where it's sent from, same postman delivers it. Think you'll be good.

Reactions: scloyd
Status
Not open for further replies.