PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
You would not believe the past two weeks! I had a sinus infection that made every tobacco taste like crap, I ran out of pain meds, broke one of my favorite pipes (there was an unseen flaw in the wood at the base of the shank), had a spider decide my Alpha was a great place to live, and had to dish out $230 to go to the friggin doctor and get drugs. On top of that, my idiot child decided that because the teacher fussed at him for talking in class he would just choke himself. It scared the shit out of the teacher and I had to go pick up my little deviant from the counselor's office.
Well, now I have meds, I exterminated the spider, tobacco is back to tasting good, I discovered the joy of Founding Fathers, the sky is blue and the weather is beautiful, and I figured out a way to feed the family this week for less than $50, and my brother finally picked up the giant china cabinet I gifted his wife as a wedding present (along with 2 sets of antique heirloom china), and the tobacco is helping the lupus so much that I don't have to do a course of steroids with the antibiotics. Shaun's job is going so well that he was moved up into a spot that would take 2 promotions to get to and has become the de facto 2nd in command to his supervisor. (Now I need him to get hired on permanent so I can have some health insurance.) The kid talked to his therapist openly about what happened and brought up some issues we didn't know about but were easily resolved. Also, the doctor gave me a shitload of samples to help out with the meds I couldn't afford and they are working amazingly and I sold my dad some computers to help defray the cost of the doctor's appt. I am greatly relieved!

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Great to hear things are straightening out a little. After all, it doesn't rain every day. Always good to kick back and smoke a bowl after being sick too. Good luck!

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I think the last couple of weeks were total loss as well.

I'm glad you are back on your feet and all is well/back to normal.
Truly a tragedy about the pipe.
We're glad your back.

We missed you.

:puffy:

harrier52

Can't Leave
Aug 7, 2011
Glad to hear things are going better for you. Sorry to hear about your favorite pipe.

morlader

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2011
Cornwall UK
btw if you can hear something strange coming down the line it's that idle dog of mine,he is right by me fast asleep and snoring his head off :?

flipflopsandshades

Can't Leave
Dec 12, 2010
I am glad you are feeling better--I have been sick on two previous occasions and when I went to smoke, the tobacco tasted downright awful. I thought that either my pipes had gone sour or that my taste buds had been irreparably damaged due to the antibiotics I was subsequently taking. But that went away after a few days.
Either way, glad things are looking up for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.