PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
One of the first pipe tobaccos I smoked as a novice was Peterson Irish Flake. It left me knockout on the living room couch, I looked like a corpse, as my wife told me scared. Damn, that shit was incredibly tasty.

Last edited:

Cigarstopipes

Lurker
Sep 19, 2022
The boldest flavor for me is MB HH Bold Kentucky. I really enjoy it right behind Old Dark Fired which is my absolute favorite blend. I've been seeing Peterson's Irish Flake mentioned a lot and I'm thinking of grabbing a tin lighting some up and see how it compares to ODF. Enjoy

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
One of the first pipe tobaccos I smoked as a novice was Peterson Irish Flake. It left me knockout on the living room couch, I looked like a corpse, as my wife told me scared. Damn, that shit was incredibly tasty.
This is a funny story.

Hopefully you got to repeat the flavor without passing out.

I should add that I really enjoy Irish Flake and its little brother, University Flake when in the mood for something lighter but flavorful.

• Haha
Reactions: JOHN72
Aug 20, 2022
Tambolaka.

I was big into the puff.com forums over a decade ago, and we put in a group order for these little logs of tobacco bound in jungle-made rope. I've steamed and cut the first log and the second is untouched in a jar. I've probably smoked less than a quarter of that first log.

A lot of us got nicotine sick just from processing a log. It is much more difficult than cutting a normal plug - so it requires a lot of handling. I wore nitrile gloves and still got an insane/sickly buzz from inhaling particulate during rubbing out the leaf.

Oct 3, 2021
Southeastern PA
I have tried a decent number of different tobaccos in my short time as a pipe smoker and the first one that gave me nic sickness was HH Old Dark Fired. Which stinks because I love the taste, but I can only smoke it in small amounts. Even after a big dinner, smoking a full bowl made me lightheaded and a little nauseous. Because of this, it's made me a little gun shy with other tobaccos that are rated strong, so i tend to steer clear of those. Not to say I won't ever try some of them, but for now, for me, medium or lower.

clynch

Can't Leave
Feb 3, 2013
Pensacola Florida
I have a hard time defining "Bold" if bold is not an english or a Nic hit. English, Id say GL Pease Spark Plug. Other than that I really like Capstan Blue. Not so much bold but Very Flavorful.

Reactions: coys