PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

finnian3

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 12, 2015
Illinois
All,
One are of the stem that I have the most difficulty cleaning has to be the lip. The little crease before the button just seems to be the most difficult to reach. I have spoken with Jamie Connely at Stem and Briar. He has his own tricks for getting into the crease, but what works for others? How do you clean the crease?

Reactions: ofafeather

ChuckMijo

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 26, 2020
Yep they are difficult to get perfectly clean. If it’s a pipe I’m restoring I use a needle file, because I’ll have to blend and sand the whole stem anyway. On my daily smokers I just use dental pick to remove that brown build up when it becomes unsightly.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Yep, use those myself for after smoke cleaning.
If you haven’t seen these cloths, they are by far the most amazing one I’ve tried and well worth it. They are cheaper in 3 or 9 packs off eBay. They also blast off oxidation while still being gentle on details, sharp edges, or markings.

51z7nT32ehL._AC_SS350_.jpg

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
If you haven’t seen these cloths, they are by far the most amazing one I’ve tried and well worth it. They are cheaper in 3 or 9 packs off eBay. They also blast off oxidation while still being gentle on details, sharp edges, or markings.

There's an auction I'm eyeballing, I'll pick some up when it closes.?

niblicck

Can't Leave
Oct 7, 2020
Alabama

Hey Brobs is that just a soft cloth with coconut oil? My wife cooks with coconut oil and and I have old flannel shirts for polishing. Do you rub the stem with it when you see first signs of oxidation?

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Hey Brobs is that just a soft cloth with coconut oil? My wife cooks with coconut oil and and I have old flannel shirts for polishing. Do you rub the stem with it when you see first signs of oxidation?
No, It’s impregnated with polish. ?

Reactions: ofafeather
Status
Not open for further replies.