PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunguy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2012
Metairie, LA
Although Legion: The Exorcist III was a substandard movie in comparison to the original, the book was excellent and featured my favorite character from the first, Detective Kinderman. Unfortunately, Roy J. Cobb had long since passed away when the sequel filmed, but George C. Scott did a decent job standing in for him.
The movie did feature a few good scenes. I offer this one in particular.
(I decided to watch both movies last night after entering this discussion, so I thought I'd throw #3 a bone)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH8ynu0jRvY

chops

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 26, 2011
Lower Hudson Valley, NY
I like them both but I would vote for The Shining. Overall as a film I feel it is better produced and directed. It leaves more questions in my mind and feels more psychological whereas the Exorcist is more of a gross-out/horror flick.

pipeinhand

Lifer
Sep 23, 2011
Virginia
The shining. I have been to the Stanley hotel near Boulder where is was filmed and the place is just creepy. I have also been to the stairway in DC when Merrin is tossed, it is just a stairway.

classicgeek

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 8, 2010
Shining. But I'll point out that just like with 'baccy, everyone's tastes are different. I like that slow burn that Kubrick lights up that finishes strong. :) The little girls are like hitting that unexpected bit of perique mid-bowl.
Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.