PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fightnhampster

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 14, 2019
Indiana
Wow, that's a haul and then some. Take a pic of it all stacked when it arrives.

Will do! I've been waiting on Pease blends to go on sale again.

With this purchase I have completed my cellar goal for GL Pease Extinction blends. From here I may add one or two tons to the pile, but I don't have to worry about being caught flat-footed when they disappear.

radrick96

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 4, 2020
Orlando, Florida
Will do! I've been waiting on Pease blends to go on sale again.

With this purchase I have completed my cellar goal for GL Pease Extinction blends. From here I may add one or two tons to the pile, but I don't have to worry about being caught flat-footed when they disappear.
They’re disappearing?

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet

A beautiful sight! Mine arrived today, too, after my second haul from TP arrived yesterday! I would usually buy small tins bc I prefer them but decided since my goal now is poundage to get the larger sizes to take advantage of the cost savings where I could. I’ve done a lot of damage in the past few weeks.

fightnhampster

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 14, 2019
Indiana
Tor tins? Freudian slip?

Amazing! I actually did mean to say tins!!

I decided a while ago to go for the 2oz tins instead of the larger tins to keep the aging process undisturbed.

The cost difference for me when factoring in the cost of mason jars is about a little over a $1 to $1.25 extra per 2 ounces. It adds up, but I'll take that price hit.

Reactions: ofafeather

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
Amazing! I actually did mean to say tins!!

I decided a while ago to go for the 2oz tins instead of the larger tins to keep the aging process undisturbed.

The cost difference for me when factoring in the cost of mason jars is about a little over a $1 to $1.25 extra per 2 ounces. It adds up, but I'll take that price hit.

I hear you. Most of my cellar is in small tins. I went back and forth over the past few weeks and decided I needed to maximize poundage, lol. I stocked up on a few key blends in larger sizes. I have some smaller tins of each in the cellar. With some brands the difference is huge. Mac Baren was like $11 for 50g ODF but $54 for a pound, almost 1/2 price. Seattle pipe club is about $15/2oz and $45/8oz. I figure I’ll leave them in the large tins then just jar it when I open it. I still would prefer small tins but I’ll start mixing it up a bit.

Reactions: fightnhampster

artvandelay007

Can't Leave
Apr 11, 2018
Wichita, KS
I hear you. Most of my cellar is in small tins. I went back and forth over the past few weeks and decided I needed to maximize poundage, lol. I stocked up on a few key blends in larger sizes. I have some smaller tins of each in the cellar. With some brands the difference is huge. Mac Baren was like $11 for 50g ODF but $54 for a pound, almost 1/2 price. Seattle pipe club is about $15/2oz and $45/8oz. I figure I’ll leave them in the large tins then just jar it when I open it. I still would prefer small tins but I’ll start mixing it up a bit.
The Seattle Pipe Club blends have cardboard tins. It’s not a good idea to leave them in the tin. I have not taken my own advice though I have two 8 oz tins I haven’t opened.

• Wow
Reactions: ofafeather
Status
Not open for further replies.