Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 29, 2024
Boston Ma
cmonman.com
I have returned the brotherhood of the Briar once again and there are several things I’ve given thought to that were not considerations in the past .
One of these is the question of relighting , pausing perhaps or lightly pulling so lightly the furnace goes out . Other than being in a war zone and attracting artillery fire I don’t see why that should be a problem ? I am not arguing with the point of view that is improper and would appreciate any thoughts and pointers on this , these forums can be very educational

DanWil84

Lifer
Mar 8, 2021
The Netherlands (Europe)
People who have to relight are awefull. If you dont master the art of the one light pipe you are not worthy. Not worthy the pipe, the tobacco, not even your tamper. You are worthy to your lighter or match, that disgraceful device which got your pipe going in the first place. How dare you to use such a tool to make fire and not get it lighted with the snap of a finger? So you might even use it a second, third or tenth time if you can't relight it with a death stare like Giancarlo Esposito in Breakin Bad.

MartyA

Might Stick Around
Jan 5, 2024
Iowa
I smoke slowly while reading outside. I let my pipe go out often, and I leave my windproof Zippo on my arm rest. I have no idea why, but the first sips after relighting are often the tastiest. :)

Reactions: newbroom
Status
Not open for further replies.