PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
Anyone have one of these Hekthor Wiebe pipes? There was one on the classifieds last week. I'm curious how they are. Morgan pipes has some. I'm normally not a system pipe kind of guy but they look interesting.

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
Anyone have one of these Hekthor Wiebe pipes? There was one on the classifieds last week. I'm curious how they are. Morgan pipes has some. I'm normally not a system pipe kind of guy but they look interesting.

I still can’t figure them out. Is the radiator to stop gurgling? Well, plenty of reviews mention gurgling. They certainly don’t seem like less maintenance than briar. Not less awkward to clench or hold.

And what is the advantage to having multiple bowls for one stem? That’s the same as only having one stem for your multiple bowls.

I wanted to like them, but like all the other metal pipes, I can’t get myself to spend that sort of money on aluminum instead of briar. Especially since I can’t figure out what advantage they have.

Reactions: BROBS

Umberto

Lurker
Apr 11, 2020
The only advantage I can see is removing carbon build up in the metal parts will take kindly to mild abrassives and harsher detergents if need be.

I have always thought briars would benefit greatly from having internal metal shanks with removable mouthpieces while maintaining the classic aesthetic.

Reactions: BROBS and Casual

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Save yourself some money and buy a Falcon with a couple of different bowls. They smoke like a dream.
Yep!
hNoisbq.jpg

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
I was adventurous and bought one. It does okay with flakes but it hasn’t become a favorite. I’d rather have a nice briar for the money I think. My Falcon is a much better smoker, IMHO.

Reactions: hauntedmyst

jeffro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2017
I have two Hekthor Wiebe pipes I love both of them
One has the very long stem I use when reading and smoking.
and other has a shorter stem I take with me while hiking and fishing.
I love the fact that I can enjoy a cool dry smoke out of them when smoking Aromatic tobaccos. My routine clean up after a smoke is to pour out the collected moisture from the chamber, then run water through the stem and chamber then wipe dry with a tissue or paper towel. And run pipe cleaners down the stem of course.
Easy-Peasy! And to this day I have not had any pipe that will smoke any tobacco I own completely down to white ash like this pipe does. Hekthor has the engendering on these things down pat!
I like the fact that these pipes look very different from the norm.
On several occasions
I have had complete strangers strike up A conversation with me having questions about these pipes, !:)

Reactions: hauntedmyst

jeffro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2017
I have two Kristen pipes a bent and straight stem. I like them but have not smoked them much after purchasing the Weibe pipes

Reactions: bluegrasspipe
Status
Not open for further replies.