PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
I don't mean to hijack the thread, but -

I'm looking to move on from this 8ft pine 2x4. I've had it for about a year, and have never used it. It is time for it to go to its next caretaker. Looking to trade for a few pallets of Christmas Cheer. My loss is your gain. No shipping.

View attachment 79618
I've got a pristine Dunhill . Would you consider a trade...LOL!!

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I own a construction company, offices in 3 states. We do a lot of insurance restoration work, lots of roof replacements. 1/2" OSB decking was around $12 per sheet a year ago, now $50 to $60. Other material items rising as well. One major contributor to the process of the existing housing market skyrocketing. Doesn't matter to me that much, we just raise our prices accordingly.

Jaylotw

Lifer
Mar 13, 2020
NE Ohio
We had a low floating deck planned out last year...we, I mean...I...decided to wait for the next season (this year) to order the materials so they weren’t sitting under a tarp all winter. We had about $1600 budgeted. It’d be at least double that this year. Shit.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
We signed a contract with a guy to install a privacy fence last fall. He is pissed caused we locked our price in and paid a substantial amount down. He says the price of lumber has almost doubled and is having trouble getting the panels. Not my problem I paid for the job back in the fall
Last November I received an estimate for a new 6' privacy fence (247') for $7200. I just had the new fence built last week...still $7200. Whew!

JKoD

Part of the Furniture Now
May 9, 2021
IN
I was going to build a new permanent deer blind. Have the area cleared through winter - but now with wood prices, I might chop down some trees and make a log cabin version. This is BS. It’s all going to come crashing down - inflated stock market, stimulus checks, increased prices on everything - give it some time. This pace on everything cannot be sustained - the question is what breaks first?

LongHairDontCare

Might Stick Around
Apr 27, 2021
How long before we start hearing about lumber theft from driveways of residential builds?

That reminds me, where did that 2x4 go?
That’s been a problem on commercial jobs for years, and I can’t imagine it’s getting any better now. They’re know as “the plywood thieves” and they spent a few years hitting various jobs across the state, with a semi and their own Gradall. They’d take out every bunk of plywood on the job. Crazy world.

KafkaStoleMyBike

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 10, 2020
Dallas, TX
Decent money to be made with Investments & options in home building supplies and associated infrastructure. I certainty don’t mean to come off as cavalier, as we recently navigated the “buy old/build new” adventure (with many headaches), but when one door closes....

Reactions: SoddenJack
Status
Not open for further replies.