PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
Great Show...Looking forward for future episodes...Other than I tunes (my account is all screwed up, I have to call Itunes security to have them fix it) is there another way for me to download a MP3? kevin had a link to download it, but when I went on there, it was just another player that popped up and not a DL as far as I can tell???

Jul 15, 2011
I had to listen to that voice for a few seconds before I finally realized who it belonged to. I knew I had heard it somewhere. Brian has done a couple of Youtube videos on a few different pipe smoking topics and they are all fantastic. I really don't think there is anyone better than him to do this show. I am listening to it right now and it is just awesome. Thanks so much for giving this to us. By the way, for those of you interested, here is Brian in couple of his videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry0WuJGBGsA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OG_2_p7j5eM&feature=plcp

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
Great Show! I wish it was a daily show!!! Loved the old cigarette commercials and music. What a great idea and

Brian did a fantastic job!!! The story about the cruise was unbelievable, what a screw-up on the cruise lines part.

Oh well, I don't care to go on one anyway, I've been on a boat.
(My last cruise - January 1990, on the way to the Persian Gulf. "Smoking a pipe was allowed, except on the flight deck").

027115_zpsb09a8d57.jpg

vespertillio

Can't Leave
Jul 9, 2012
I second the request to download as an MP3 somewhere as I would love to add this to my player and listen in the car. I'm Apple-phobic and don't have the I-Tunes. :)

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
For a first show it was very well done. I enjoyed his out takes quite a bit, very funny stuff. The old Camel commercial really brought back memories, I grew up in a time where those types were all over the tv and radio. I liked his section where he explained who he is and his work experience. In my mind he is definitely qualified to do a show like this. I liked the rant on the cruise ships, I certainly will never give my business to any company that treats us like second class citizens. I will definitely be looking forward to next weeks show. Thanks Kevin for giving us some great content, and thanks Brian for a very entertaining show. I think you guys have a winner with this.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Guys, here's a download link with a little explanation. We have programming on the server that automatically renders a player into the page when it sees an mp3 file. To put the link here, I have to wrap code tags around it so it won't render the player.
However, that will make it un-clickable, so you will have to copy / paste the url into your browser, then do "Save Page As", or "Save As", or whatever the equivalent is for the browser you use.
http:// cdn.pipesmagazine.com/wp-content/2012/radio-show/09-2012/01/pipes-magazine-radio-show-01.mp3
Crap, that didn't work. I had to break the link by making a space after the http:// - so delete that space after you copy it.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Excellent show, Brian is a true professional. Hey Brian, show yer face out here and take a bow. I especially loved how radio-like it was and how passionate he was about the screwed up rules reguarding the cruise ship.

ocpsdan

Can't Leave
May 7, 2012
Michigan
Lots of deep hearted chuckles here. I like how he's sort of.. re-writing the rules. Most people consider pipes to be a very relaxed experience, and before I listened to the show it's what I expected. What I GOT, however, was a really hilarious experience, music, and high entertainment! Totally in-your-face, unabashed and unashamed attitude (the show, not the host)! Loved it, can't wait for the next one. Well done!

Status
Not open for further replies.