PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2014
wv
I recently finished piecing together my pipe cabinet. I've had the bottom part of the cabinet for a long time, and I've been looking to add a top section for about just as long. Of all the places, I found the top section in my uncles garage. It just looked like a good fit. I took measurements and sure enough, it was an exact fit. Next I set out to find a pipe rack that would fit in the shelf. Easier said than done. I finally found a 12 pipe straight rack with the proper dimensions. Prepped and painted everything semi-gloss black and bolted it together. I'm now looking for a cabinet to match the little "cellar" cabinet on the left side, to add to the right side and make the whole setup symmetrical. It does have a door, but it's open for the picture. Btw, Yes I'm keeping the groovy 70's wood paneling in the man cave.
O1re0uul.jpg

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
That's a great looking pipe cabinet. Looks like the top piece was always part of it. Well done. :puffy:

echie

Can't Leave
Jul 7, 2014
Amsterdam
Good job! I've been planning to make my own cabinet, so let me ask you something: all pipe slots seem to be taken. Are you sworn not to buy any new pipes, or do you plan on expanding it for any new ones?

haroldt

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2013
Melbourne, Fl
Is that a pipe cabinet or a small pipe and tobacco store?? WOW!
That's impressive. You could smoke one pipe a day and never repeat the same one for months.
So what about the smell of all those exposed pipes. Does the room/house (man cave) have a "stinky pipe" smell to it?

Mar 30, 2014
wv
Thanks fellas. It's the centerpiece in the man cave now. It stands over 6ft. tall.
@echie, A full cabinet won't stop me from getting more. The ones in the picture are just the "first round draft picks." I have a few drawers full as well. P.A.D. is a force to reckon with. Damn you P.A.D.!
@Harold, Heavily smoked pipes can make for a stinky pipe, but these only see a bowl or two per week at best and have plenty of resting time, so they aren't too bad. The man cave does have a bit of a bar room smell to it, but with two big ass dogs, it's the least offensive odor in the house. You haven't smelled anything until you're stuck in a house with a 140 pound German Shepherd who has helped himself to the garbage can when nobody was home...
G34maFIm.jpg

eriksmokes85

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 24, 2015
Dang dude! I can't stop staring at your set up. Where in your house does that beauty live at?

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
"It stands over 6ft. tall"
Don't look that tall which is a good thing. Great melding of parts. No hint of a Frankenstein creation.

Status
Not open for further replies.