PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

lightmybriar

Lifer
Mar 11, 2014
During my usual browsing of eBay last night, my attention was drawn to a listing with a very peculiar looking pipe. Something seemed funny to me, so I went to read the description:

“One of a kind pipe, made out of a rams horn. Once in a lifetime find! Vintage pipes condition is “used”

Looking at the pictures, my suspicions were proven true. Here are two screenshots from the listing, and those who know can laugh now. For those who don’t recognize the item, I’ll explain after the photo!

955C11D9-C805-4E3B-B185-95BD5EC0E790.jpeg

D6892B23-95D1-4EA3-85B8-226CE3BC45A3.png

This is a shofar, a Jewish ceremonial trumpet! This would make quite a terrible tobacco pipe! ?

Not only that, but a shofar that size can be bought brand new for roughly $65-$85.

It made me laugh and so I thought I’d share it with you all so you could have a chuckle as well.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
someone needs cash and thought what's that thing they say about suckers and how often they're born. Either that or the original poster was delivered by Doctor Butterfingers obgyn and then his dad confused his head for a basketball and got half way through the game before someone pointed out the mistake. It's one or the other I am pretty sure.