PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawke

Lifer
Feb 1, 2014
Augusta, Ga
I did a search and found some pipe stand posts but no dedicated thread to such. How about one gang?

Im lobbying to get a "sticky" and make my mark on the PipesMagazine.com Forum! :roll: Hahaha
Really, at times a do a search of pipe stand images to get inspiration for things. I saw a simple spoon for one and thought about a way to organize a pipe dedicated to a particular tobacco. I took and old tin, taped a label on it, and epoxy glued the spoon and some 1/8 copper tubing. Whalaa I was envisioning a row of these attached to some base of sorts as well. Or the single stand works well to move around the house or take to the Smokers Club Night.
Show us your simple or elaborate homemade stand!
DedicatedPipe.jpg

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
What an inventive mind! Bravo on creativity and repurposing! It deftly covers several issues at once:

• (1) the pipe stand itself;

(2) re-using empty tins;

(3) associating the brand with the pipe!
The idea of attaching it to the tin of a dedicated brand is so direct, simple, and clever it is positively ingenious! :clap:

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
That's slick ! I like it! I made this one for My Linkmans Dr.Grabow Deluxe 02A Churchwarden.

02a-churchwarden-stand-2011-09-01-006-1280x960-600x450.jpg

hawke

Lifer
Feb 1, 2014
Augusta, Ga
Thx Cortez

The real Ed James! Im honored! That wood is exquisite Sir! I have a couple antlers, but how did you get that wood? Im thinking maybe driftwood milled down? Or a burl off a tree you found and milled? There's a tree next door that has some nice burls on the truck. I sit and smoke looking at them. :mrgreen:

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
That came from firewood. After an ice storm here a few years ago I cleaned up some of the mess at my brothers house. Several maples downed. I cut them up for firewood but found it doesn't burn as well as Oak and Hickory so it sat and rotted mostly. This piece has some spalting in it and was solid enough to work.

grumpy74

Lurker
May 28, 2014
AFGHANISTAN
Hawke, I am just reposting the ones you asked me to post here.
This one is my first Pipe Rack. Made from scrape around the house.
pipe-600x337.jpg

grumpy74

Lurker
May 28, 2014
AFGHANISTAN
This is my current project. There is not much room in Hawaii to set up a work area so when it is not raining I work on it after work. This is what I call a table top piece. Not sure if that is what it is called but it will hold eight pipes, a jar of tobacco, ash tray and a jar for the matches. The thing I am trying to figure out is where to put the striker surface for the matches.
pipe2-600x337.jpg

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Nice ones guys! Here's mine, it's the one on the top shelf in the cabinet. Not a very good pic, I know, but it's the best one I've got at the moment. It's very utilitarian, but it does the job. It holds 42 pipes.

image253-453x600.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.