PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

musicman

Lifer
Nov 12, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
I agree. One of the best things about this board is that the writing, and people's commentary, is generally at least mostly coherent and somewhat carefully considered. I hate the general trend (accelerated by the web) towards not only a lack of formality in writing, but also a lack of cohesive, easy to decipher thought. If you're an English speaker, and I can't in any way follow what the heck you've written, then you need to think about a better way to write it.

I'm embarrassed when I make a typo or editing mistake in my writing. I feel that self-editing one's writing, even online posts, is the writing equivalent to thinking before you speak, a principle which too many people these days ignore as well!

I should add that I edited this post three times. Once before posting, and twice after. That's what you call practicing what you preach! :LOL:

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I agree. One of the best things about this board is that the writing, and people's commentary, is generally at least mostly coherent and somewhat carefully considered. I hate the general trend (accelerated by the web) towards not only a lack of formality in writing, but also a lack of cohesive, easy to decipher thought. If you're an English speaker, and I can't in any way follow what the heck you've written, then you need to think about a better way to write it.

I'm embarrassed when I make a typo or editing mistake in my writing. I feel that self-editing one's writing, even online posts, is the writing equivalent to thinking before you speak, a principle which too many people these days ignore as well!

I should add that I edited this post three times. Once before posting, and twice after. That's what you call practicing what you preach! :LOL:
Think b4 post? NEVAHHHHH

Status
Not open for further replies.