PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I have determined that our dear friend, JimInks, is responsible for both global warming AND all of the good tobacco shortages.
He must be stopped!
Click HERE to sign the Stop JimInks Coalition's petition.
Think of the children...
jay-roger.jpg

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
His reviews have influenced some purchasing on my part for sure. I just got in some of the Argentina tobacco he posted about a month ago. Glad he posted, early reviews are quite positive.

ignaciojn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 19, 2016
He's also the worst offender in the "How In The Hell Can He Taste All Those Flavors" category.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
I'm suing him for his 'no chance of bite or harshness' comments. In spite of my pituful packing I always get bitten by those selfsame blends!! An outrage!!! :evil:
:P

Reactions: TheWhale13
Jan 8, 2013
He's also the worst offender in the "How In The Hell Can He Taste All Those Flavors" category.
Some of Jim's reviews actually helped me with tasting the different flavors a blend has to offer. If for example he described flavors such as grassy hay, brown sugar, and a touch of plum, I would focus on those flavors while sipping the smoke. Many times I've found the flavors I was searching for after his review described them.

snowyowl

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2015
Jim & Steve (Pipestud) are the guys whose words I looked for at tobaccoreviews.com when I was restarting my pipe smoking... ten years ago.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I used to think that too. How can Stuff&Things, Shane Ireland, and JkmInks get so many diverse flavors from blends. Then I started smoking slower and sipping water during a bowl and all of the sudden these flavors they mentioned and I’d not noticed finally came to light.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
I'll have you know it's refered to as the "Inks Effect"! And in my book, he is a tobacco tasting god... :worship:

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I left the monastery for this? :D
Thanks for the kind words, fellas.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Youse don't hafta put wit dees mugs Jim, myea. We got ways of dealin wit them, an dey ain't gonna like it one bit brother,the dirty rats!... :evil:

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
The Jim Inks Monastery. Now that's the place to be. Should be able to obtain a religious exemption on all tobacco regulations and taxes.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
The plot is to get everyone to sign up for the Argentinian tobaccos. Their strength will kill off the unsuspecting, leaving more of all the other stuff for him. I saw three truckloads of stuff being unloaded and carried in through the loading dock at the monastery, and that’s just the beginning!

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I could not name anyone else with a more consummate catalog of pipe tobacco impressions.

Should Jim opt for cremation of his remains when he crosses fully into the spirit world, I'm certain the results would be a fine 'white' ash.

I appreciate the work Jim has accomplished and so graciously shared with the viewers.

I hope he enjoys his passion for pipes and especially tobacco for a long time to come.

autumnfog

Lifer
Jul 22, 2018
Sweden
I consider JimInks and many other who writes on pipes and tobacco as educators of sorts, all I can say is thanks.

Really appreciate reading others experiences and opinions on different tobaccos as well as pipes.

brooklynpiper

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2018
whenever I see a blend that hasn't been reviewed by Jim, I immediately assume the blend doesn't exist and is just a scam to get my credit card info.

Reactions: Chicken Cod

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Should Jim opt for cremation of his remains when he crosses fully into the spirit world, I'm certain the results would be a fine 'white' ash.
Just be sure to dry him out well first...a bunch of relights would be truly awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.