PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Recent Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Preferred Member
Feb 21, 2013
On principle, I really enjoy walking with a pipe, but I mostly smoke a pipe indoors. My walks usually last longer than a bowl of tobacco, and a bowl tends to burn faster when you are out walking because of the breeze or wind. A slow saunter is best of smoking a pipe, whereas a more brisk walk is better for exercise. I do enjoy the challenge of lighting or relighting a pipe in the wind, using trees, berms or other obstacles to block the wind. It is almost a sport to itself. Walking is even better for mind-tripping; you have creative ideas, remember things you have to do that you'd forgotten, and generally stimulate your mind. You get a slightly different mind trip when you smoke a pipe, which also demands attention.

Bengel

Preferred Member
Sep 20, 2019
In all seriousness I have not tried the Lunt, respect you who have/do. I think the plip Pete would be idea. Not sure I am coordinated enough, don't drive and smoke either;)

olkofri

Preferred Member
Sep 9, 2017
Lunting society aside, I've tried lunting a few times, but the constant relights get in the way. When I go out for a walk (in the summer evenings, mind, now it's too chilly for that) I prefer a cigar.

BROBS

Preferred Member
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Ha.. I think it's a great idea and will most likely join.
They take your address so they can mark the zip code and if you join at a level where you receive swag, how else would they know where to send it?

mtwaller

Preferred Member
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Walking and smoking a pipe sounds like literally the worst, to me. I’m impressed that others can do it effectively, and somehow enjoy it! The only time I walk with a pipe is if I’m at a hotel and they have a common area outside, and I have to get up and walk away from strangers who are annoying the hell out of me.

Reactions: gamzultovah

seldom

Preferred Member
Mar 11, 2018
Probably more than 95% of my pipe smoking is done while walking/sauntering. Most often with the dogs. I'm walking but will stop and and sit to enjoy a nice spot or scenery. There is a pond where I particularly like to stop and smoke and contemplate. I really enjoy this part of my day. I don't have a smart phone so it is time for me to just observe and think in solitude.
That said I can not see myself joining a society for this. It is something I like to keep informal and simple. The simplicity of the activity is what I enjoy.

gamzultovah

Preferred Member
Aug 4, 2019
Probably more than 95% of my pipe smoking is done while walking/sauntering. Most often with the dogs. I'm walking but will stop and and sit to enjoy a nice spot or scenery. There is a pond where I particularly like to stop and smoke and contemplate. I really enjoy this part of my day. I don't have a smart phone so it is time for me to just observe and think in solitude.
That said I can not see myself joining a society for this. It is something I like to keep informal and simple. The simplicity of the activity is what I enjoy.
Well said. Thank you for painting the perfect picture of what smoking a pipe means to you.

seanv

Preferred Member
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
Walking and smoking is a challenge I typically avoid. I prefer to be stationary but as Seldom said, stopping every so often to break it up sounds appealing

Reactions: gamzultovah
Status
Not open for further replies.