PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
First I swab out the bowl with a twisted up Kleenex. Then I dip a pipe cleaner in the brandy and swab out the stem and the shank. Then I use a Q-Tip dipped in brandy to swab out the the mortise. Next I take a Kleenex wetted with saliva and rub the hell out of the rim. Then I use a Connoisseurs silver jewelry polishing cloth and clean and polish the whole pipe. For me, it has become a regular part of the whole smoking experience. And the smell is divine!

Well, it’s smelling divine because you’re cleaning it, brandy has nothing to do with it.

We all know you can ghost pipes, so using alcohol that has flavor, added ingredients etc., can ghost too.

I forgot to mention, I use paper towels or napkins to wipe the chamber out after smoking, which is great for cleanliness and not building cake, you only need a 1mm black carbon layer.

You mentioned you twist up a kleenex.

Wrap it around a small finger next time, or place the napkin over the top of the chamber and push it in with a finger, and with your finger inside the chamber, spin either your finger or pipe in circles, this will ensure you smoothen out the carbon all the way around for a thin even layer, do this just after smoking, that way the carbon is more pliable. If you let it cool and wipe out, eventually you see the carbon will build up unevenly.

Reactions: yanoJL