PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
First visit to Monterey since I was a teenager. Always look for cool pipe shops on vacation. Lucky me found a stash of Esoterica tobacco. Never tried it because it’s never available. Very nice proprietor nice shop. Great smoking lounge which they graciously allowed me to hang out and have a smoke in. Visit if you’re in Monterey. PS: it is gorgeous here!!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
In Monterey that must involve some serious overhead. Family money? If it makes it on its own, that is some business plan.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I love Monterey. I had a sister that lived there for years. An excuse to visit her from Alaska was never hard to find. Especiallly in the winter, haha.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
I spent a year there in language school when I was in the Army. I’ve been all over the lower 48 and Monterey is by far the most perfect place I’ve been, not too hot, not too cool, it’s juuuuust right. :)

tulsagentleman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2019
The wife and I visited Monterey several times while our son was stationed there with the Navy. Nice place, reeks of Steinbeck and has a wonderful Aquarium. Well worth the visit.

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
JPM, sorry to

Miss you. Enjoyed a nice bowl on Friday. Nice hang out indoors and just do something different. Home now in AZ. First bowl ever of Esoterica And so toned. It is amazing stuff. All the hype is real it really is a different experience. Better still first bowl in estate Comoy’s for Leonard’s pipe shop circa 1938-1940. Thanks Pipestud. It’s a wonderful piece.

ebnash

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 5, 2019
Los Gatos, CA
Nice to see this. I lived about an hour north of Monterey and we are there several times a year. I’ve never visited The Humidor because zimjutst assumed it would be a tourist town tobacco shop. I will definitely make a point to get down to check it out. I usually have a few days a month free to myself and my wife has no interest in sitting in a smoking lounge, although she fully supports my pipe and cigar smoking.
My next free weekend day will be worth a trip, especially this time of year. I think I owe it to myself ;-)
Just checked out the website and it looks very nice. The membership, however, is a pretty steep buy in and monthly due.

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I think if you buy a tin or anything hanging out for a smoke in the lounge is cool. I also believe there are two lounges. 1 is a high end members only club behind closed doors and the other is more for “come on by and hang out while you’re shopping”
Btw, I tried the Esoterica ASTB, WOW! it’s that good! Jarred for special occasions. Margate I’m waiting on for such an occasion.
Enjoy and thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.