PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
So far..........(my pipe smoking is in it's infancy)
Seattle Pipe Club Plum Pudding

Esoterica Dunbar

G & P Stoney's Blend
I'll let you know the three blends I replace these with by next month, haha.

danish

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 12, 2017
Denmark
Capstan (Blue or Yellow)

Robert Mc. Scottish Cake

My own Blend, Big Coin (Escudo), Paul Olsen, STG.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
So, you're starting out with the new version of Condor, which has been said to taste like sucking pigeon farts straight from the bird's ass

Lol. Do you really notice that much of a difference? I think the whole thing is more hyperbole (piperbole) than anything.

If you like Condor, you should try the new War Horse Green and Red

Sorry, but I just couldn’t disagree with you more. There are far better real European blends to try out there rather than these American attempts at trying to make a European style blend. I say go for the real deal. But of course a lot of people like the new War Horse Bars so yeah, Godspeed. I just don’t think they taste European at all. Totally agree on your suggestion for 3P’s though.

jrbjr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2019
A really nice VA/ per is Telegraph Hill

another I like Virginia oriental to try is Cario

Lastly I really enjoy bayou morning

sittingbear

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2015
Olympia, WA
1. Dunhill (Light) Flake, however Capstan Blue is a close second and Sutliff 507-C is decent, cheap, and comes in bulk
2. Lane Ltd. Ready Rubbed
3. C&D Mountain Camp
These would cover my main three bases of Virginia, Burley, and English. Luckily, pipe smoking is not like the church and I can pay homage to more than just the Trinity! :wink:

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
I would need a straight virginia like FVF or Capstan Blue or Dunhill Flake.

Then I'd need a virginia with some condiment like St James Flake or Hal o' The Wynd.

On top of those I'd want a strong blend to make me drowsy in the evening. Right now my favorite is Lakeland Dark, but it could also be Royal Yacht, Irish Flake or 1792 Flake.

piperbole

Lurker
May 13, 2019
Cheshire
I've got about 15-20 sample tobaccos now, and I've found myself swaying to the darker blends.
Squadron Leader, Perfection are my clear favourites at the moment with Peterson Sherlock Holmes closely following.
Josh

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
Escudo, Jackknife Plug and Larsen 1864. Ask me next month and my list will probably change. :lol:

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
I'll try to keep it limited to those already suggested to maybe narrow it down a bit (and some alternatives depending on availability):
Orlik Golden Sliced (Or Stokkebye LNF/LBF)

Solani Aged Burley Flake (or MacBaren Old Dark Fired)

Bengal Slices (or SPC Plum Pudding or GLP Gaslight)

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Since listening to Mark Ryan on a few venues, I have gained respect for his acumen. I trust D&R and enjoy several of their offerings.

In the 'trinity' category, I consider VA, Burley, and Perique to be the quintessential elements of some of our favorite blends.

D&R : 3 Sails

D&R : TwoTimer

D&R : Picayune
Each can be smoked as presented and they will all play with each other in various delightful ways depending on ratio.

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
No HU blends? I don't know what my trinity would be but HU Director's Cut would be included.

Status
Not open for further replies.