PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I simply can't believe you guys. Today I received two packages: one from shaintiques filled with Sutliff tins with Royal Navy flakes and more, and from redheaded smoker, another package of an incredible variety of baccys, based on my idle comment that I had not tried certain tobaccos yet. I don't know how to repay such generosity, except to help out with the Free Pipe Project when I can, but even that pales to the debt I owe, although they of course will say there's no debt to pay. May God bless them; the Lord surely is a pipe smoker.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
I have a box coming from Cortez today with his castoff misfit blends. Very generous bunch around here. Paying it forward and placing orphan pipes and tobaccos in good homes.

marine33

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 11, 2014
I too will be having some stuff arriving this week. I could not believe it but they are truly angles and I also would like to Thank everyone who is involved in this..thank you for making me feel welcomed. Happy Puffing.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
It's true, the generosity on this forum is amazing! I have been on both ends of it myself. It's always uplifting to be on the receiving end, and rewarding to be on the giving end.

I'm very proud to be a part of this community!

novicemaker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 12, 2014
Id like to thank Cobguy and Shan. Cobguy sent me a few baggies of baccy and two i really enjoyed and waiting to enjoy the two house blends he made for me both have a good scent of baccy that make my mouth hurt to wait.
Shan just got ahold of me and i am very excite about whats coming. I can hardly wait...
Thank you both for the help in expanding my taste horizons.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
These are the contents of the box I received from @Cortez today. Close to 2 lbs worth. Had to buy an entire carton of mason jars just to jar it all up.

image4-600x450.jpg

This generous donation took up quite a bit of space in my tobacco cache.
image5-600x450.jpg

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Those French tobaccos came to us through the courtesy and thoughtfulness of member Bryanf, who picked them up while abroad some time ago. Hopefully they'll find their way into a few more pipes before the supply is depleted.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
I'm swimming in new blends right. Once again, thanks @Cortez. I'll try just about anything once so I'll have to investigate the French style of tobacco. That BC Semois smells like a barn though.
I am more than willing to share some of these French blends though as I have more than I will probably ever smoke. Free of charge, of course.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Now let me ask a silly question: is it safe to store tobacco in plastic bags, or should they go straight into a Mason Jar? You can PM me with an answer if you wish.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
From what I learned by reading G L Pease, plastic containers are not to be trusted.

This is not to say there aren't any plastics that are good for our purposes;

but most plastics are just moisture barriers, and volatile organic compounds can "walk right through them".

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Nailed it, trailboss. There will be one less meat bag walking this earth because of his own choices.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
I'm gonna let that "hauling swinging meat" thing ... hang there for a moment ...
Aren't we all hauling around some "swinging meat."

Status
Not open for further replies.