PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Since Tobacco Reviews does have a few sponsors, it's possible it may be making enough money to continue. That's a guess on my part.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
KCGhost said "Sad news but not unexpected. The NASPC is still publishing its newsletter. Its very good and a bargain for $22 for six issues. Unfortunately Jeff and Eddie asked for some help with the readership and got a reply from exactly zero from the readership. They may be forced to fold the tent in time."
To put a finer point on this, they requested local (Columbus,Oh) help. That leaves a large chuck of the membership outside the requested area.
Mike S.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
DFO: I don't know if there was lack of interest in the question so much as nobody knows what to expect or say. I certainly have interest in it, considering my involvement there regarding reviews. Not knowing the motives of the new owners is a tad worrisome, but as it's not a money loser, I would like to think it'll survive.
Wish I knew who to contact about it.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Elsewhere, somebody reported that they contacted customer service, and were told that unfilled subscriptions would be refunded.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I just saw this note from P&T's editor:
Gentlemen,

I have recently realized through a FB conversation that the fantastic website Tobacco Reviews is in danger of folding now that Pipes and Tobaccos Magazine is closing up. In a panic I emailed the site and got this response :
"Unlike the magazine, this web site actually makes money, and thus commands market value. Here's hoping someone will buy it and continue it.
I await developments, like everyone else. There's nothing we can do about any of it, except wait and see.

Stay tuned!

Cliff Nelson

admin, tobaccoreviews.com"

odobenus

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 15, 2018
Vermont
Oh man, it would be tragic if Tobacco Reviews folded with all of its data. I bet I pull up that site more than any other.

Status
Not open for further replies.