PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Fralphog

Lifer
Oct 28, 2021
Idaho
I was roaming around at 4;30 this morning, thinking about getting ready for Thanksgiving, and decided to brouse Smokinpipes.com to see what's new. I clicked on Peterson pipes looked at a few models, and then went to Red Spigot Pipes and found this for $153. The last time i saw this pipe, it was $192. To top it off, I got free shipping. The B10 being my favorite Peterson shape, and dark red my favorite color, How could I pass it up?View attachment 110635 Damn SP.com !
Nice pipe! I really like military bits. You got a free tin of baccy too, right?

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Count me in as a weak-willed sucker for SP's demon-inspired merchandising enticements. I thought I would just give the site a quick skim, armed with the assurance that I DON'T NEED ANY MORE PIPES! I stumbled upon this seductive specimen (seductive on several counts, in my case: straight billiard, right size, great grain and stain, no embellishments), admired it for a moment or two, then successfully denied myself the actual purchase. Spine of steel, and all that.

Then I realized I had a substantial balance in my PayPal account that I had forgotten about. I could get the pipe for "free!" Product of the Winslow pipe bordello.

View attachment 110952
In my experience owning high grade Winslows E-B that pipe above is a killer, great purchase. Congrats on a great addition to your collection.

Reactions: burleybreath

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have a less exalted version of the Pete B10 and I really love the balance and heft of the pipe, and in my case the texture. It's a lot of pipe in a relatively compact package.

burleybreath

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2019
Finger Lakes area, New York, USA
I think @cigrmaster is right on Winslow, they are above my pricerange for now, but those higher grades look fantastic only on pictures;
My pipe, the one posted above, cost a buck and a half. It's a "Crown of Denmark" made by Poul Winslow, kind of a second, but he denies Crowns being seconds. It does have a non-handmade acrylic bit, to cut costs, but the grain is flawless and the pipe as a whole is perfect for my tastes. The bowl coating easily washed out with warm water. Glad I bought it. LePipe, one of the sponsors here, has quite a few Winslows and Crowns. Recommended.

DanWil84

Lifer
Mar 8, 2021
The Netherlands (Europe)
My pipe, the one posted above, cost a buck and a half. It's a "Crown of Denmark" made by Poul Winslow, kind of a second, but he denies Crowns being seconds. It does have a non-handmade acrylic bit, to cut costs, but the grain is flawless and the pipe as a whole is perfect for my tastes. The bowl coating easily washed out with warm water. Glad I bought it. LePipe, one of the sponsors here, has quite a few Winslows and Crowns. Recommended.
Never thought that would be a Crown which also appeal to me.

Reactions: burleybreath