PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

scout19d3

Can't Leave
Jul 6, 2021
Katy, TX USA
I've tried the Middle Earth sampler as well and there isn't a bad blend in the bunch. That said, I was smitten with Kingsfoil and ordered a pound of that fine blend.
I spent an afternoon at their shop on my way east, this past June - wonderful staff, friendly patrons. I felt right at home. I bought a Nording freehand (smoking it now, actually) some tobaccos and really enjoyed Old Toby. I've re-upped with several of their house blends a few times since then and I agree with @Elric's statement - not 'a bad blend in the bunch'.
I really enjoy Bag End, my wife prefers the room note from Green Dragon.

kschatey

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Ohio
I've been hitting my small jar of Country Squire Shepherd's Pie pretty hard lately. It's the only one of their blends that I have ever had and it is really hitting the spot right now. Dunno why. Maybe it's the weather? Or maybe it's just damn tasty!

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I live fairly close to their shop, and have made many trips there. I've bought pipes there, and lots of tobacco there over the years. I haven't been there in a couple of years because of covid, and some health problems for both me and my wife. (not covid) One of my favorite blends was always Hunting Creek, because it reminds me of the long gone Shortcut to Mushrooms from JFT. Honestly, a lot of their blends are excellent, and it's just a fun place to visit and smoke a pipe with some great people. Shoot JD has gotten married and has had two kids since I've been there! ?

scout19d3

Can't Leave
Jul 6, 2021
Katy, TX USA
Anybody been to the actual shop? I may be within driving distance soon.
Sure! I stopped in a couple of weeks ago on my way from Houston to Virginia. Yes - The Country Squire is absolutely along the route of a 1500 mile motorcycle trip! They even have a portion of their website covering Pipe Pilgrimage

If you have yet to visit, make a plan to do so. The staff & patrons are friendly and accessible. I usually arrive in early afternoon (its less than 500 miles from my house to Jackson, MS), hang out at The Squire until they close @ 2000 hrs then check-in to a close hotel allowing me to continue my journey the next morning.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
I tried to place an order last night twice but when i got to Paypal I was told I needed to be logged in to my account at Country Squire ... I thought I was but it wouldn't let me place an order. I'm pretty sure the problem was with my computer and the stormy weather. So I called them this morning to ask them for help to clear up my account. Lo and Behold ! ? Jon David answered the phone ... What a gentleman ! And I use that term in the old fashioned most respectable sense. He straightened out my account, took my order over the phone and we had a nice chat about various tobaccos and this forum. Even though we are 1300 miles apart I felt like i was right in the store chatting with him. This is why I keep going back ... the personal old fashioned way of doing business ... that and the Old Tobey of course ! I also received two follow up emails from him ! Can't recommend Country Squire enough ! ?? If you haven't used them before do check them out as you will not be disappointed. Home - The Country Squire Tobacconist - https://www.thecountrysquireonline.com/

Dec 11, 2021
Fort Collins, CO
I tried to place an order last night twice but when i got to Paypal I was told I needed to be logged in to my account at Country Squire ... I thought I was but it wouldn't let me place an order. I'm pretty sure the problem was with my computer and the stormy weather. So I called them this morning to ask them for help to clear up my account. Lo and Behold ! ? Jon David answered the phone ... What a gentleman ! And I use that term in the old fashioned most respectable sense. He straightened out my account, took my order over the phone and we had a nice chat about various tobaccos and this forum. Even though we are 1300 miles apart I felt like i was right in the store chatting with him. This is why I keep going back ... the personal old fashioned way of doing business ... that and the Old Tobey of course ! I also received two follow up emails from him ! Can't recommend Country Squire enough ! ?? If you haven't used them before do check them out as you will not be disappointed. Home - The Country Squire Tobacconist - https://www.thecountrysquireonline.com/
I buy from them from time to time. Excellent service every time. This is definitely gonna be my year to try Figgy Pudding, so I’ll be putting in a nice order in a few months!

Reactions: OSOBUCO