PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

pipingfool

Can't Leave
Sep 29, 2016
Seattle, WA
I am hoping to get some info from those in the know.

On my trek while moving from Florida to Seattle, I visited The Country Squire to see what the hub-bub is about. Very cool store!

While I was there, I picked up a few blends, and one that struck me was their "Faulkner Flake".

I've been smoking it off and on for the past several months, and I really like it.

From what I've gathered online, it looks like it could have been a McClelland product at one time, but that's obviously not the case now.

I was wondering if anyone knew if this was a product that was available elsewhere. Like I said, I really like it, but of course I won't be able to get to the shop to buy more any time soon, and WA does not allow online tobacco sales. So I was hoping maybe a B&M in the Seattle area might be able to get some if I could tell them what it was.

The description online just says "Bright Virginias are matured and cut in impressively long slices for freshness and optimal flavor".

Thanks!

pipingfool

Can't Leave
Sep 29, 2016
Seattle, WA
You need a friend outside of your state to mail it to you. No one is likely to reveal who makes it.
That could be the case. But if you never ask, then you're 100% assured to never know the answer.

Jon David has been somewhat partial to Sutliff in the past (they blended and tinned the 50th Anniversary blend for TCS), so maybe it's the Sutliff 507c Va Slices? The description fits to a degree.

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
That could be the case. But if you never ask, then you're 100% assured to never know the answer.

Jon David has been somewhat partial to Sutliff in the past (they blended and tinned the 50th Anniversary blend for TCS), so maybe it's the Sutliff 507c Va Slices? The description fits to a degree.
I would hate to cut Jon David out of the sale if it is because of him that you love it. As a business owner, that hurts my soul. But living where you do, I can understand your reasoning.

Reactions: pipingfool

pipingfool

Can't Leave
Sep 29, 2016
Seattle, WA
I would hate to cut Jon David out of the sale if it is because of him that you love it. As a business owner, that hurts my soul. But living where you do, I can understand your reasoning.
Believe me, if I could get it delivered directly from TCS, I wouldn't even bother with the post. I'm a fan of Jon David and his shop and want to give them business.

I also like The Green Dragon blend, but I know that is something proprietary to them, so there's no point in asking about that one.

I will probably end up ordering it in a roundabout way and get it shipped to me from a friend.

Reactions: crashthegrey