PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

ClenchedBilliard

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 19, 2021
Louisiana
Your description is how I feel about Boswell’s aromatics.

Sometimes a blender just doesn’t work for a smoker
I'm with you there. I absolutely love Countryside and I so wanted to like Bear blend, the bag aroma is sooo good. But its just not there in the flavor. Its not a knock on them, that's 99.9% of aromatics for me.

Peterson314

Can't Leave
Sep 13, 2019
I just tried my first bowl of Green Dragon, and it was excellent. It has all the flavor I was missing in the other blends, and it has a spiciness reminiscent of cloves--without the sweetness--punched up with white pepper.

I thought it was a little green, but this jar is brand new. Very impressed with this blend.

Reactions: Elric

Peterson314

Can't Leave
Sep 13, 2019
I just tried P.S. Blend on a walkabout with the hound. Cold as shit, all bundled up with a handmade scarf and a newsboy lunting cap, corn cob emitting intermittent red glow as I walked around the neighborhood trying to keep my dog from eating every goddamn leaf on the sidewalk.

What an excellent blend.

My reservations about The Country Squire are melting.

Jul 17, 2017
NV
pencilandpipe.home.blog
Bag End is a very nice blend. Va/oriental forward with a light smoky sweetness from the latakia. It's definitely not a lat bomb and would disappoint someone looking for a heavy English. It's a Va/Or with a condimental amount of latakia.

grimpuffer

Can't Leave
Aug 29, 2016
Ruins of Windsor is my favorite from them.

I will be honest, if I am trying ANY B&Ms "personal" blends, I have 0 expectations and expect to be underwhelmed.

I enjoy their Old Toby because, when I am in the mood for a sweet tasting, amazing room note tobacco, its either that or Molto Dolce.

However, I continue to support their establishment because they are just good ppl.

The one surprise for me was their Ruins of Windsor though. Its a great all day smoke if you want, and its good without me trying to pick apart what I am tasting. That one has become a staple for me just because of how good it is.

Staggerlee

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 4, 2021
Clearwater Florida
I have not tried any of their blends but I do know that everyone’s opinion on any given blend can vary so much that you just have to try them for yourself. What you find as bland, hot air, someone else finds to be rich and flavorful.

BriarBrook

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 8, 2022
Missouri
Ruins of Windsor is one i've heard is really good... but i haven't opened my bag of it yet. Figgy Pudding was good and Bill's Blend is one of my all time favorites(yes, i'm an aro guy).

Reactions: Elric

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
I just received one of their canvas pipe bags/rolls yesterday. It's on the small side for length of pipes, but that is what I was looking for and the canvas fabric is great and it is compact and just what I wanted. Decided to support by getting their holiday blends as well - only one I've had so far is the Figgy Pudding and worth the try.

tmcg81

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2020
NJ
I ordered a few one ounce samples about a year ago and was kind of underwhelmed by them. Out of the 4 I tried, the only one I sort of liked was Rivendell. I'll have to give them another shot.