PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpbass

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 13, 2011
Baltimore, MD USA
Yesterday I created a new page for my Alt. Country/Roots music recording project, which I've named The Codger Burleys. Most of these songs have been sitting around for awhile,some I used to perform with my old group, The Beltways.I needed an outlet to share the recordings, so here's the link, www.reverbnation.com/thecodgerburleys . They can be downloaded for free. I'm considering writing a new tune with a pipe smoking theme, but am still looking for the right angle to approach it. Anybody got any ideas or want to collaborate on some lyrics ?

aaronbrill

Might Stick Around
Sep 28, 2012
Cool tunes, I like your sound and of course the name is clever :wink: ! I'm a rockabilly/trad. country/bluegrass player so it's not a real far stretch from what I'm doing. Keep us posted with any new tunes.

jpbass

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 13, 2011
Baltimore, MD USA
Thanks guys. The initial response to the page has been positive; now the drummer from my real band The Bagworms www.reverbnation.com/thebagworms wants to play these songs live. My original intention was just to put up the Burleys page to showcase some recordings I've done over the years in a different style that doesn't fit my band's format. Possibly I may do some gigs with this stuff as a side project, who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.