PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

leonardbill1

Lifer
May 21, 2017
Denver, CO
The end of McClelland was my kick in the butt to get out and try some new tobaccos. If I find something that I like, I'll order more and add to the cellar.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
Remember when Captain Black Grape first came out? Lane pulled out all the stops at the launch and used the same grapes they use to make Domaine de la Romanee-Conti Romanee-Conti Grand Cru burgundy wine. The reviews heralded it as the second coming of pipe smoking, with its ability to combine the sweet virginas and cavendishes with the tannins and sweet fruity essences of a fine burgundy. It was like standing in the grape fields of the Cote d'Or wine region, drinking in the heaven of it all! Glorious!

Two years later, they changed the recipe and it tasted like grape koolaid and single handedly destroyed the grape flavored tobacco market.

• Haha
Reactions: SmokeClouds

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Remember when Captain Black Grape first came out? Lane pulled out all the stops at the launch and used the same grapes they use to make Domaine de la Romanee-Conti Romanee-Conti Grand Cru burgundy wine. The reviews heralded it as the second coming of pipe smoking, with its ability to combine the sweet virginas and cavendishes with the tannins and sweet fruity essences of a fine burgundy. It was like standing in the grape fields of the Cote d'Or wine region, drinking in the heaven of it all! Glorious!

Two years later, they changed the recipe and it tasted like grape koolaid and single handedly destroyed the grape flavored tobacco market.
I have this strange feeling you're not making this up and also think your profile pic is a real life selfie of yours.

Reactions: Jimmy_Jack