Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
Philadelphia Suburbs, Pennsylvania
After reading so many enthusiastic posts about C&D's Black Frigate, I added it to my March order from P&C; which is due to be delivered to my home on Tuesday - 24 hours from the time of this writing.
I am looking forward to experiencing my maden-voyage with this tabak, and will share my impressions after I have spent some time with it on a shake-down cruise. If my experience is filled with even half of joy of what others have proclaimed about this mixture, I can anticipate quite a treat.
While making my decision to try Black Frigate was very easy based on so many vocal enthusiasts here on the forum trumpeting it's magnificence, I am still on the fence about trying another mixture I have heard about called: Haunted Adult Bookshop - not so sure about that one. - Sherm Natman

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I hope you enjoy Black Frigate, it's been a favorite of mine for twenty years. Definitely let us know what you think!

Jan 8, 2013
Haunted Adult Bookshop
Well that could be interesting :rofl:
The 'Frigate is a class all of it's own. And a true joy. I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the blend. But remember, better to hate it and say that you love it, than to be walking the 'Frigate's plank in shark infested waters!

troyniss

Can't Leave
Jul 8, 2018
Michigan
It truly is a great tobacco.I had doubts when I first saw the description.
I now religiously buy 8oz each order for cellaring.
What sets it apart I believe is the cavendish, adds a very great flavor to it. Without it it would just be a latakia mix, but the addition makes it very smooth.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
The Cavendish is unsweetened and barely any Latakia to it. The Virginias and Orientals really make it pop and the rum is that nice sweetness in the background.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Haunted Adult Bookshop
Looks like someone's already been into the cleaning fluid! I thought Anthony put a lock on that cabinet last week! Shiver me timbers! Now we got new recruits gettin' into the stash! Now we're going to need to make a stop into port sooner than expected and pick up more...and apparently investigate this Haunted Adult Bookshop for uh...for science!
The Friagte's swelling her ranks again! Before boarding the lovely maiden you're to be tasked with performing the moonlit dance of the flibberty jibbets. Seek out brother Anthony fro the proper dance steps as he knows them by heart. Then you must repeat the lyrics as follows: Flibberty jibbet hornswallow, gullah gullah moonfart, iggy iggy wingbat stumph, oogley moogley dingbat, olly golly whipsnatch, itty bitty snarespitch, wibby wibby thisltesnatch, weeble wobble codswallop!

Jan 8, 2013
Seek out brother Anthony fro the proper dance steps as he knows them by heart. Then you must repeat the lyrics as follows: Flibberty jibbet hornswallow, gullah gullah moonfart, iggy iggy wingbat stumph, oogley moogley dingbat, olly golly whipsnatch, itty bitty snarespitch, wibby wibby thisltesnatch, weeble wobble codswallop!
You must do this while hopping around in circles on one foot, while flailing your arms wildly about. You get extra points for originality.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I really enjoyed my introduction to BF, and smoked through the tin pretty fast, such that it never got jarred. I haven't re-ordered only because I have so much premium leaf on hand, but eventually I likely will. BF isn't everyone's kind of leaf. You don't have to like it. But if you do, it is a true enjoyment. For me, it had a lot of dimensions, so I kept going back to see how it would be today.

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
Philadelphia Suburbs, Pennsylvania
My first order of Black Frigate arrived today and I sampled my first-ever bowl... and immediately had bowl #2... and immediately followed by bowl #3.
How much did I like Black Frigate?
Let a picture speak a thousand words:

pirate_sherm.jpg

- Sherm Natman

Jan 8, 2013
:rofl: Hahaaha! I love it! You seriously have to make that your new avatar. Or at least add it into your signature so it pops up on your first post in a thread. Welcome aboard, mate!

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
:rofl:
That is hilarious!
You seriously have to make that your new avatar.
+1000
My first tin was purchased from a B&M twenty years ago. I got in my car, loaded my pipe, and proceeded to get out of my car to go back and buy more. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.