PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Beautiful craftsmanship and a gorgeous pipe, Zack. If you don't mind me asking, what size bit do you use to drill the airhole at the button? Or put another way, what size bit are you using shown in the picture where you are working on the slot?

Again, gorgeous pipe.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
what size bit do you use to drill the airhole at the button? Or put another way, what size bit are you using shown in the picture where you are working on the slot?
Shikano53- That's a 5/64" bit...I use it and the file to funnel the slot at least 1.25" deep. The other side is drilled to within .75" of the button with a taper bit. Tends to be a very open draw...
Where do you get custom stamps at?
There are a few- I use Buckeye Engraving- http://www.buckeyeengraving.com/

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Thanks Zack, I really appreciate the information and the video(s) you have done in the past.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Hi Zack, sorry for bothering you with what is probably a foolish clarification question. You answered my question:
Shikano53- That's a 5/64" bit...I use it and the file to funnel the slot at least 1.25" deep.
I'm probably misunderstanding something here; but did you mean 0.125" not 1.25" for the slot depth? I'm just thinking a slot depth of an inch and a quarter sounds odd to me whereas 0.125" is an 1/8" and seems in the ball park more or less.

Again, I'm probably misunderstanding something.

Kindly

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
I'm probably misunderstanding something here; but did you mean 0.125" not 1.25" for the slot depth?
Imagine the slot tapering into a funnel shape- that's the part that is 1.25" deep. I think you are thinking about the height of the slot..

Status
Not open for further replies.