PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

brandaves

Can't Leave
Jan 5, 2020
Kentucky
That's kinda what I was thinking too. I didn't go in for the previous release...I was thinking of picking up two tins of this one. Not sure 😕. I may not even like it. 50% Perique is a crazy proportion on what I normally enjoy as a condiment, not the star of the show. I'll have to check some reviews and do some thinking.

Reactions: leonidas

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
$17 for 2 oz? I was looking forward to this release but I’ll have to rethink this now.
It’s a small-batch blend built on a high percentage of a little-grown leaf requiring extensive processing. There are mass-produced blends that cost $17 for 2oz or even $17 for 50g. Plus, given that the majority of the tobacco here is perique, I’m guessing that a little will go a long way; you’re likely to get more bowls out of this tin than from an “all-day” mixture.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
I'll have to check some reviews and do some thinking.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Not a big fan of Perique as the main role. Like them as a side kick. Memory of getting my ass kicked by Perique is still too fresh.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Ah, they got me with this one. Haven’t had it since it’s first release, I really liked it, why not? $17 isn’t bad at all, it will be the norm in a year or two. Of course, I had to throw in more tobacco to get that free shipping, so I bought some Kelly’s Coin among some other things, I’ve seen @cosmicfolklore bring that name up a couple of times now, sparked my interest.

starrynight

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 10, 2023
Decided to grab 3. I know apples to oranges, but I picked up 3 of the red flake and felt a little meh on them. Again @JimInks review kind of pushed me over.

Reactions: JimInks

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
If your pipe holds three grams, then two ounces (56 grams) then you’ll get at least 17 smokes for your 17 bucks.

Hardly enough at stake here, to worry about a dollar a smoke,

This reminds me, of a time over forty years ago that Humansville’s veterinarian Dr. Jay Sprowls hired bulldozers and built a big fishing pond and stocked it with catfish. The business plan was, you’d fish at Doc’s pond and pay a dollar a pound for the fish you took home.

After the operation was all up and running my friend Johnny asked Doc how his fish pond was doing.

Doc (who was prone to profanity) said it wasn’t doing worth a damn.

He said the people around these parts were so tight they’d not pay a dollar to see Christ jump off the cross.