Not open for further replies.

grizzly86

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 5, 2012
So you are the reason I still haven't got to try St James Flake :crying:

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
I hear you can pick up those big steel shipping containers for fairly cheap if you need something to keep your tins in. They got a heavy duty hasp on the doors for a big lock too. :)

maduroman

May 15, 2010
those are to hot, mike, for tobacco storage unless you air condition them...

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Guys, I really do not think you want naked pics of me frolicking with my tins, it might make you go blind.
Captain, Irish and the Baron have security covered, we can fortify a bunker somewhere and live out our days smoking and drinking and shooting zombies. I think that would be kind of fun.
gnatjulio, you think I have a flake fetish? The Wessex flakes are every bit as good as the Solani and in some cases I love them better. Campaign Brigade is in my top 5 with Solani 633, the Brown Virginia and Gold Virginia from Wessex are also great.
Grizz, it is not my fault on the St James, GTWbass grabbed 6 pounds before I grabbed my 4, blame him. lol Shoot me your addy and I'll get a sample out to you.
Igloo, it is so weird that the 44 is in such short supply. I have a bad feeling about that one. It may become like Veermaster soon and be impossible to get.

grizzly86

Apr 5, 2012
Just giving you a hard time :nana:. Appreciate the offer I'll shoot you a PM.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Grizz, I know you were just busting balls. When you get the sample, I would recommend using the cube cut method for preparation and it will probably need an hour or two of drying once you cut it up. Please be patient, it you try smoking it too wet, it will not taste as it should. Make sure you let us know how you like it. I may not be doing you any favors, if you fall in love with it, then the chase will be on.

joshwolftree

I also will bravely volunteer to assist with security and food...Also,as a longtime survival expert, I recommend we attempt to get some pipe babes, for morale reasons. Lack of morale leads to decreased zombie killing efficiency

hfearly

Oct 11, 2012
Canada
Didn't I hear PipeStud mention in this week's radio show he had 450 tins of Royal Yacht? I wonder whether there is a Guiness World Record for largest pipe tobacco stash ... you guys should apply!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
roth, I store my unopened tins in large plastic containers no bags at all, and my open tins in plastic tupperware like containers that have a good seal. All my bulks get stored in large plastic bail top jars that I buy at walmart. These particular jars are high quality plastic that have silicone gaskets. I do not use any jar with rubber seals because I have had those break down after a decade. These jars are not cheap though, the large ones go for 8.97 and hold 2 pounds each. I did see a new one like the ones I have been buying but much larger. They will hold over 4 pounds and they are only 12.97. They just came out because this is the first time I have seen them. The plastic containers under my bed are the long shallow ones, I already need more. The two I have are totally full and I have a lot more coming in.
josh, you are so right about the babes, gotta keep morale up. You are in charge of procuring them.
pipestud probably has one of the largest cellars in the country, his makes mine look like I have a couple of ounces. Plus he has tons of aged stuff that is not even made anymore. I think he once told me he had 10 thousand tins plus, this was back in 2001 when we were hanging out on a Yahoo pipe BB together. He is a great guy who is one funny dude.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I already have to go to walmart to buy another one of the plastic containers that fit under the bed for what I have coming in next week.
I just pulled the trigger on 14 more tins of Wessex Brigade Campaign Dark Flake and 1 Wessex Burley Slices and 1 Wessex Gold Brick. I love trying new stuff and am a huge fan of Wessex blends so I buy 1 each and then if I like it I will grab a bunch more. This time it was 4 noggins who I cleaned out of their Brigade Campaign. I have a bad feeling about Wessex being real hard to find if not out of business in the future. Their shipments are real spotty and very small. I mean who sends only 25 tins to one of the largest dealers in the country? I would be willing to bet that Escudo sends 200 tins to guys like smokingpipes at a time.

keith929

Lifer
Nov 23, 2010
Good God man you need an intervention, I will volunteer as a councilor send it to me for disposal immediately.

mustanggt

Dec 6, 2012
Nice work on building for the future, future shortage I might add. I'm trying to do the same so I can enjoy my bowlfulls while Rome burns. I've often thought about stashing cartons of cheap cigarettes for barter as well. Never can be too much of a Boy Scout now can we?

Status
Not open for further replies.