PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

metalmilitia

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 14, 2013
unfortunately, I think that most males in America today have settled for "malehood" and completely missed "manhood". I do not at all agree that current culture determines what makes a man. if that were the case then these days you would simply have to have male genitals to attain manliness. to me a man is mature, responsible, protects and provides for his family, takes responsibility for his actions, and is a positive contributor to his community. and that is just for starters. nowadays, people run around demanding respect without having earned it, they act like immature children, there is a rising lack of present fathers, and therefore a host of other issues that come along with that.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I do not at all agree that current culture determines what makes a man.
Where else does it come from, then? Where else do we learn the correct way to act?
mature, responsible, protects and provides for his family, takes responsibility for his actions, and is a positive contributor to his community.
That's being an adult. There is nothing in that list that can only be done by a male.
people run around demanding respect without having earned it,
I operate on the assumption that everyone should be treated with respect because they are human. I may not respect them, but I try to treat them respectfully.
there is a rising lack of present fathers
I hate to tell you, but that ain't new.

rayje589

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2012
I actually stumbled across that site when I was looking into pipe smoking. I also used it over the weekend for a few ways to roll cuffs.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Ref. Kevin, I have been trying to learn to tie a bow tie for decades on and off. It suddenly occurred to me

that I was way over-thinking the process, and voila, the bow tie got tied. Now I have a few more bow

ties than I need, but photos from various events, like a 50th wedding anniversary of friends, indicate

it was worth the struggle.

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
Great site! Thanks to that site I learned how to use a straight razor and soap with a brush. Was I ever missing out! Oh and I discovered suspenders are a great way to hold up my tool belt!

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Definitely becoming a lost art, too many mangina's and metrosexual's exist today, I just can't take them seriously or have an iota of respect for them, it's why the world has gone to crap in my opinion. It's like these guys can't do anything without a woman's approval and take pride in the fact that they're "whipped".

Status
Not open for further replies.