PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
I'm happy for you! I, could live the rest of my life and never see another snow flake again and die in peace (Hate the cold and snow!)...

JMcQ

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 9, 2019
Atlantic Beach, FL
Beautiful pictures. I sometimes wish I was more of an outdoorsman. I just didn't grow up hunting, fishing and camping.

What do you do for work up there?

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
Awesome views and snaps of family life! Very beautiful and different from what some of us are used to in the lower 48! Thanks for sharing!

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Beautiful pictures. I sometimes wish I was more of an outdoorsman. I just didn't grow up hunting, fishing and camping.

What do you do for work up there?

So start doing it on your own! There’s no time like the present, as they say.

I run an Engineering/Surveying/UAV/3D Scanning company.

Reactions: AlabamaDan

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS! The places you live everyday are truly amazing. You live how most of us day dream for a vacation and it appears your family has done so for generations. I'm not sure a deep South guy like me could stand the winters, but it is a Outdoorsman's Paradise.
No problem!

AlabamaDan

Can't Leave
Dec 24, 2019
Alabama
Ah - North To Alaska! Now you've got me. My Granddaddy - the one who left me the pipes, spent several years working in Prudhoe Bay on the North Slope building pipelines in the 1970s. His name was....wait for it.... Sam and he was given the nickname "Big Sam"!

Reactions: python

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Ah - North To Alaska! Now you've got me. My Granddaddy - the one who left me the pipes, spent several years working in Prudhoe Bay on the North Slope building pipelines in the 1970s. His name was....wait for it.... Sam and he was given the nickname "Big Sam"!
Haha, classic. “When he did something, he did it big....like taming a woman the way you tame the land!” Hahaha.

I worked in Prudhoe Bay for 8 years. The company I run now has 20 employees up there as well, still make short visits every now and then, preferably not this time of year though, although sometimes it’s unavoidable, hahaha:

Last edited:
-40 degree Fahrenheit equals -40 degree Celsius
Haha, classic. “When he did something, he did it big....like taming a woman the way you tame the land!” Hahaha.

I worked in Prudhoe Bay for 8 years. The company I run now has 20 employees up there as well, still make short visits every now and then, preferably not this time of year though, although sometimes it’s unavoidable, hahaha:

View attachment 14882
View attachment 14883

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Wow! Thanks for sharing, pretty darn beautiful. Good for you, and your family. The smoking cabin looks like a killer place to chill out with a pipe.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Wow! Thanks for sharing, pretty darn beautiful. Good for you, and your family. The smoking cabin looks like a killer place to chill out with a pipe.
It is! Big comfy chairs, little heater, nice table, and actually a queen size bed for guests. Close enough to the main house to get wifi on the computer, and even has screened in windows for the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.