PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Another great smoky movie:
http://www.smokingpipes.com/smokingpipesblog/single.cfm/post/pipes-in-film-tinker-tailor-soldier-spy
Although I'm fond of the recent one, which is excellent and real unlike the PC recent Sherlock Holmes.

cmclark

Lurker
Mar 15, 2014
It was a 2 months ago I started re-reading the complete works in order when I had down time. Made a little pipe game out of something like smoke one when a pipe was mentioned kinda thing. And even if Sherlock did use it for nicotine concentration I was ok tasting/relaxing to my current smoke.
Also...Ive seen clips and previews of that 'Mr. Holmes' movie that recently came out. In the preview he puts down pipes and says hes a cigar man. Based off that I almost don't want to see it in fear of the character being to "different".
If anyone has seen it here i'd like your input of it. :puffpipe:

carver

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2015
Belgium
The movie "Mr Holmes" should be out in July. I just watched a little "Featurette" as they call them on IMDB. It shows excerpts of the movie with comments from the director and actors. Indeed Ian McKellen character very quickly says that he's into cigars, but that being said, it's also, apparently timed at the end of SH's life. One last unsolved case that haunts him and that he can't let go of before ...well, actually letting go of life itself I suppose.
I don't know what do you people think of McKellen but I absolutely love the guy, probably because of LOTR. He looks really old and aging in that Mr Holmes preview.

There is another rising Star in it. Milo Parker who will play the son of SH housekeeper.

Can't wait.

cmclark

Lurker
Mar 15, 2014
carver,
the explanation helps out knowing that. And yeah that book looks interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.