PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtrhtr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 2, 2016
Picked this up at a flea market yesterday for EUR10, which is a little less than $12. It's in pretty good shape but needs a pretty deep cleaning. It is a B7 Killarney and it seems that the B7 shape isn't being made right now for some reason.
hHB2jFc.jpg

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I'd say that makes the purchase of the week, or month, maybe of the year! Well done. Hope she smokes as good as she looks.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Very nice. That's one of my favorite Peterson shapes. I think you got a great deal, especially since I think we have mostly gotten over the one hundred dollar mark with new Peterson prices, despite their reputation for spotty quality control. I remember when some of their full size pipes were in the $60-$70 range, and the quality was good.

earthbound

Might Stick Around
Oct 12, 2015
Excellent find! Ive run across one comoy's second at a flea market. Scooped it up for a whole ten dollars. But boy what I would give to see a pipe like that at my flea market. All I usually find are grabows with a quarter inch of cake in them!

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Gtrhtr:
I don't know enough about Petes to make a solid assessment but that looks like a quality buy.
Love the look. Love the shape. Love those thick walls. Love all Rhodesians.
I've been been picking a three state corridor for over five years in the U.S. Midwest and have never run across a Peterson. I'm thinking you did well.
Your avatar, friend. Did you lose an ancestor in the Great War?
Fnord

gtrhtr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 2, 2016
Thanks everyone, I'm looking forward to cleaning it up and having a smoke.
fnord, thanks also for the kind words and your perception. My mothers side of the family took a beating during WWI. Ironically, I also bought a German WWI Iron Cross 2d Class at the flea market. It is in great condition with the ribbon and presentation case I'll post a picture of it when I get home. The ongoing 100th anniversary of the war in Europe has had some significance with ceremonies and special documentaries on tv.

Status
Not open for further replies.