PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
So I wound up at liberty on Friday, and after stopping by my local B&M for a quick bowl of their Victorian Standard blend, I arrived home to find my delivery from P&C! Wasn't expecting it to arrive until Saturday, so I hurried into the house to open it up...
I'd ordered the H&H sampler, so there was a large plastic bag containing six smaller bags of various bulk blends - I'll talk about those once I've had a chance to try them out. There was alsoI a 2 oz. tin of Black House, and I decided that I just couldn't bear to wait a week to try it, so I popped the tin open, and loaded up my pipe.
8O
Wow.
I think I ghosted my sinuses. I'm pretty sure this will become a favorite, but since I was in a bit of a rush, I managed to smoke the first bowl faster than I probably should have, and nearly anesthetized my tongue. My palate's not sufficiently trained to talk intelligently about the flavors and aromas, but I was pleasantly reminded of Laphroaig and Lapsang Soucham.
Now I'm in Seattle (packed my pipe with me, along with a pouch of Victorian Standard), and I can hardly wait to get back and try another bowl of Black House. I can't honestly call myself a Black Blood after only one badly rushed bowl, but I expect to be downloading the clip art shortly... :D
Also need to remind myself not to order aros and BH in the same order - Berry Nice and Black House in the same box produced a very odd funk. Had to put them in different rooms until I can get a couple more jars to store them in.

hans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2012
definitely take your time on the next bowl of black house. You will be greatly rewarded. And yeah i made the mistake of storing some aros with some latakia based blends once and ruined all the aros.

Status
Not open for further replies.