PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
I just wanted to share a little new tobacco happening for me. You know that something special we hope to find when we open a tin of never tried tobacco? Or better yet, how about when you open a vintage tin of a tobacco you never tried before? Do you think about that treasure we forever seek?

I recently bought several tins of vintage tobacco from our resident vintage tobacco purveyor, pipestud. I paid the outrageous sum of fifteen whole u.s. dollars for a 2007 tin of Low Country Cooper. I didn't know a damn thing about Low Country or his boy Cooper. Probably most of you do, but this brand and blend is new to me. All I had to go by was the description of a broken flake consisting of choice Orientals and Cyprian Latakia to accent a base of fine Bright Leaf and Red Virginias, which has all aged for a good 8 years. How could you go wrong with that I says to myself!?
You can probably guess where this is going. The tin was plump, the aroma was of smokey figs and spice. The taste was sublime and devine. Smokey spicy chocolate creamed I guess is the best way to put it from my ignorant verbiage. It is now one of the top 3 English blends I have yet to try. The jar sits on my desk in front of me with 5 other jars that I smoke on a daily basis. It is truly a treat among treats!
I don't know what this tobacco taste like new, and frankly I don't want to know. I'm just gonna buy a bunch of tins of this something special, put it away in my cellar and let it turn into that treasure we all seek :wink:

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Wow, that sounds truly awesome monty55 and all for $15. Truly a great score. Good for you, enjoy!

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
Glad to hear it! I have a couple of tins of Cooper '13 that I bought from another forum member, sounds like I should just let them sit for a while!

Status
Not open for further replies.