PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

huckleberry

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2017
Kentucky
Man, I know you're right!...And it's in the high 60's Fahrenheit here in Kentucky....Just right to BaB (Burn A Bowl) outside and watch the squirrels attack the nuts and corn I put out for their Thanksgiving.
I also boiled up a package of turkey necks for my dogs' thanksgiving...they're sprawled out on the couch in a tryptophan coma right now...rotf

yohanan

Lifer
Oct 1, 2011
Old Belt/U.S.A.
cornucopia.gif

Everything is coming to a halt where I'm at, Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!

Dec 11, 2021
Fort Collins, CO
Happy Thanksgiving to you all. We are doing our meal and get together tomorrow as my wife is pulling a 12 hour shift at the hospital today.
My wife pulled a 12 hour hospital shift yesterday as well. Just me, three little ones, and football yesterday. I enjoyed the turkey dinner I prepared. The kids liked the dinner rolls! Oh well. More leftovers for today!

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
My wife pulled a 12 hour hospital shift yesterday as well. Just me, three little ones, and football yesterday. I enjoyed the turkey dinner I prepared. The kids liked the dinner rolls! Oh well. More leftovers for today!
I feel ya, it was just me and my daughter, who can't wait for dinner rolls later. My wife seems to work most holidays. Fortunately she is off this Christmas, but she works the day before and after so I'll be busy, busy, busy. Just part of being married to nurse.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
working shift work at Exxon as I got Seniority I got off for holidays, later with kids grown and off I would have a raffle to see who I would work for that had small kids. I believe they really appreciated it. Company told me I couldn’t work for a wage earner, told them I wasn’t chargeing, they dropped it as it would have been bad publicly for them.