PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fordm60

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 19, 2014
Well no one I know tests a drinking glass, or silverware to see how it pours or how you look with a fork. No trying on undergarments either. To me an inspection and pipe cleaner should be enough. If somehow the draw is horrible, even after the pipe cleaner test, which if you know anything about pipes is enough, the merchant needs to fix that. But I figure evey pipe I purchase has been in a mouth.
To be honest if you really do not know what you look like with a pipe or even care what it looks like as you smoke I am curious about why you smoke a pipe. YMMV.
But I also figure all pipes I buy are nasty. People are holding them with their hands. Hands are worse than mouths. If you have some horrible germs in your mouth, mucus membrane instant access to you, and your probably too sick to try out pipes lol. But hands, all kinds of horrible stuff can live on the skin and the person has no idea and neither do you. All my stems are hand washed with soap, cleaner with rubbing alcohol run through the pipe. I figure Typhoid Mary held everyone of my pipes lol.

donjgiles

Lifer
Apr 14, 2018
Reminds me of a joke

What is the difference between an oral thermometer and an anal thermometer...
The taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.